In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

OR, it was not uploaded when I first posted. =)

I actually think the song is good, maybe it's partly because I enjoy techno-ish music as well.

It could also be because you love everything In Flames does :D

I really enjoy the Cloud Connected Remix, the ending is more artfully pulled off than the album version and the chorus has that added little twist that gives it more energy. The main riff is missing that stomping heavy metal vibe... but i can forgive it.

I've never really gotten into the My Sweet Shadow Remix, even though i have a physical copy of The Quiet Place single (Varlmlandsvisan is amazing), but i listened to it on my iPod the other day and it was refreshing!

That amature Alias remix actually sounds like it could be a BGM for an old video game like Sega or Atari! Think it suites that techno type music alot!

Last edited by a moderator:
That Alias version isn't actually a remix at all. It's just a techno cover. I like the Cloud Connected remix and the My Sweet Shadow one is decent. But I wasn't really feeling the Darker Times one because it doesn't keep the original structure of the song. It goes back to some lines from the first verse and I just feel like it jumps around.

The Alias isn't their own remix, some random person has done it. Out of the ones IF has done themselves Cloud Connected is my fav, and secondly comes Moonshield C64.

New Studio Episode (last one) is really good btw, it's about the mixing process.

I know the Alias one isn't an official song... that's why i said AMATURE REMIX. Haha the Moonshield instrumental is epic- i heard that before i even heard the actual, original Moonshield, and even then i was hooked!

Have you heard the techno remixes of Soilwork's Distance and Crestfallen? They are pretty sweet too... although they do what Jester313 doesn't like- change the song structure slightly. ;)

I'll check those ones out. I haven't ever really been into remixes of any music, so I won't say that changing song structure is what I don't like in general. But that is probably why I don't like the Darker Times remix. I've only listened to it once though, so it can still grow on me.

I haven't listened to it at all :p i'm still awaiting my copy of the album, so i can FINALLY listen to it after about 3 months of speculation on these forums! Maybe then i'll come back to page 134 and listen to the EagleClaw remix.

I listen to a lot of electronic type music, so I'm completely open to the idea of remixes. However, out of the In Flames ones I really only strongly like the Cloud Connected remix.

I think a great opportunity was missed with the remix of My Sweet Shadow, they totally didn't capitalise on the synth riff enough. If that was remixed in the right way, it could become a massive club anthem, have to admit I was seriously disappointed when I heard that remix.

Cool live performance of Deliver Us from Sonisphere Istanbul:
Seems like Anders is growing out his hair? Fucking awesome if so. Or he's going for the Tompa Lindberg look :p

Remix of Darker Times is fucking tits.
Also, does anyone have the REAL remix to Alias? I want to hear it.

Hey guys, came here to say happy midsummer :) Actual midsummer was 21. but here we celebrate at 23. So drink beer :D

Remix of Darker Times is fucking tits.
Also, does anyone have the REAL remix to Alias? I want to hear it.
I do, or at least I did. If you're talking about the Alias (Laid Remix)

EDIT: Found a remix of The Puzzle done by Big Chocolate (Vocalist for Disfiguring The Godess, or at least was, he's got sick vocals and you have probably seen his YouTube videos).

It was pretty decent I think.

If you haven't seen his vocal video(s):

Hey guys- SOAPF came through mah letterbox this morning. Listened through just the once so far... some fuckin' great stuff going on. I find it hard to judge the music as a whole on the first listen, and just reading the lyrics as i go through doesn't compliment the music much at all (such as the Daniel's insane work on the drums).

First thing that strikes me about certain songs... The Attic, which disappointed me a little, i wish was longer. It would help if it had another verse or a more outstanding section as an outro. The ending seemed too abrupt. It's a shame because the lyrics and the way Anders sings them is FUCKING GENIUS. :D

I'm also disappointed because they didn't get the most out of the keys/samples that were used in the studio diaries. Where the Dead Ships Dwell being the main example- the full sample wasn't used to full effect in the actual song :(