In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

That's unfortunate. I hope the person who is ill gets better real soon.

It says terminal illness mate... you don't get better from that.

My heartfelt sympathies to whoever in the band is affected by this... they won't read it here, but it sucks when stuff like this happens.

The odds are against them certainly. But one can still hope for a recovery. Or at the very least, as painless of a - for lack of a better term - process as possible.

All this technology and we still can't save people from things like this.

My sympathies.... Stay strong guys.

I was 2 hours away from making a 6 hour drive to NC to see them when i saw they cancelled. Had hotel booked and everything :(

Oh well. Cant complain as the reason is more than valid.

Hope everything works out for em.

Yeah it sucks for people like you LosingReality, but what can you do? =/
And I hope all goes well although I doubt it. Sounds like it's someones parents or something. Wonder who's...It's not Daniel's at least. After some digging around it seems to be within Björns family...Oh well, I hope the person terminally ill magically survives then.

Something positive that I find awesome is this, and it's also amazing to see the whole band (maybe not Daniel but it's understandable) lipsyncing the lyrics and LOL at the girl:

Last edited by a moderator:
"This is for crowd-surfing Pittsburgh." Lol. Good video and performance. Anders really growls on "I call upon you to take me on" and the "These thoughts" lines. Fucking crazy.

Yes, crazy that a hugely experienced melodeath vocalist would attempt a growl :D

"This is for crowd-surfing Pittsburgh." Lol. Good video and performance. Anders really growls on "I call upon you to take me on" and the "These thoughts" lines. Fucking crazy.
Yeah they are fucking amazing. I especially love the part 3:50-3:56 when he screams ''will keep you feeded'' in the end going from a low to high in the scream.

Yeah it sucks for people like you LosingReality, but what can you do? =/
And I hope all goes well although I doubt it. Sounds like it's someones parents or something. Wonder who's...It's not Daniel's at least. After some digging around it seems to be within Björns family...Oh well, I hope the person terminally ill magically survives then.

Something positive that I find awesome is this, and it's also amazing to see the whole band (maybe not Daniel but it's understandable) lipsyncing the lyrics and LOL at the girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oySj6HHhhgc

I was there for the Pittsburgh show. Got to meet them and Anders really appreciated my tattoo. They are MUCH better live then when I saw them from 2009. The Hive and Pinball Map were amazing, and even Take This Life. There were a huge amount of women there as well, which was kind of different. A good bit of tits going around.

Yes, crazy that a hugely experienced melodeath vocalist would attempt a growl :D

Yeah, it is crazy because he doesn't really growl anymore; he just screams.

Yeah they are fucking amazing. I especially love the part 3:50-3:56 when he screams ''will keep you feeded'' in the end going from a low to high in the scream.

Isn't the line, "These thoughts will keep me feeling"?

Yeah, it is crazy because he doesn't really growl anymore; he just screams.

Have you seen the Used and Abused Live DVD? He growls loads on that :confused: he always does short low growls on albums, he even did it on ASOP (March to the Shore for example).

He's been doing the same growls on TTL for years!

Have you seen the Used and Abused Live DVD? He growls loads on that :confused: he always does short low growls on albums, he even did it on ASOP (March to the Shore for example).

He's been doing the same growls on TTL for years!

Yeah, I know. He does them like that on Leeches also. I'm just saying, he album vocals don't really contain any growl-lines anymore, obviously, just some small parts. But I know he does them live, and I think it's really cool that he picks certain lines from songs to growl instead of scream.

went to the camden date excited for my first time seeing in flames live. i saw a sign saying in flames will not be playing and i almost shed a tear. they were the only reason i was going.

Yeah, I know. He does them like that on Leeches also. I'm just saying, he album vocals don't really contain any growl-lines anymore, obviously, just some small parts. But I know he does them live, and I think it's really cool that he picks certain lines from songs to growl instead of scream.

His choice not to utilise his growl more often is a mystery to me. He's comfortable doing it and it sounds good - better than his singing. His choice, it's just frustrating to see him pull off growls live but seemingly have no desire to use them to much degree in the studio.

His choice not to utilise his growl more often is a mystery to me. He's comfortable doing it and it sounds good - better than his singing. His choice, it's just frustrating to see him pull off growls live but seemingly have no desire to use them to much degree in the studio.
He said this before that he just don't do them that often anymore really. It's like on the new album, they had to change Enter Tragedy's song structure because it was the same old ''fast aggressive In Flames song'' that they've done so many times before, and he said that those things are getting boring since they've already done it so much. But actually most of the times when he growls live, he growls parts that are actually in the album, but the high pitched scream is much higher volume than the growl in the layer, for example the ''these thoughts'' part in Take This Life, the death growl underneath the scream is barely audible, but it's there.

I never really thought his singing was bad. It always sounds emotional and genuine to what the lyrics are and it fits, in my opinion at least. I think the best mix of scream to clean would be the "these knees, they bleed for you" lines from Crawl Through Knives.