In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

WTF has been goin' on around here??

Back in the day we were talkin' manly shit (and i mean hairy, MANLY fuckin' shit!) like beards, cocks and the chorus of Scream... i come back to find you pussies whinging over girly scene-kid/KISS lovechild, Black Veil Brides?

WTF has been goin' on around here??

Back in the day we were talkin' manly shit (and i mean hairy, MANLY fuckin' shit!) like beards, cocks and the chorus of Scream... i come back to find you pussies whinging over girly scene-kid/KISS lovechild, Black Veil Brides?

Well, ya know...ASOP listening sessions turned us big, hairy, ruthless men into modern, sophisticated, more sensitive individuals willing to explore and experiment... Instead of beer we drink bottled water, so to say... :D

That crowd really was boring. Not even a single headbang? Speaking of crowds, I saw Bodom last night and the crowd was crazy for them and Devin Townsend. Just non-stop crowd involvement.

You guys are assholes to Anders. Also, you're full of shit about growls being easier. That's the main reason he even switches to screaming in the first place.
He stated that Colony was one of his more intense recording performances he's ever done. You can tell after he did that album, that his voice suffered a bit.

don't cry mate :D Colony isn't death growls anyway, it's when he started his screaming and continued it to a higher pitch on Clayman, so i'm not surprised it was an intense recording session.

That crowd really was boring. Not even a single headbang? Speaking of crowds, I saw Bodom last night and the crowd was crazy for them and Devin Townsend. Just non-stop crowd involvement.

My fiancee and I went to see Devin. We and a few other people were the only ones who seemed to give a shit about him though...

\m/ DEVIN TOWNSEND \m/

I had never heard of Devin Townsend before to be honest but he puts on an awesome show. This may be stupid but, you weren't at the Pittsburgh show, were you?

I had never heard of Devin Townsend before to be honest but he puts on an awesome show. This may be stupid but, you weren't at the Pittsburgh show, were you?

Naw, Chicago show. You've seriously never heard of Devin before? He was the vocalist for Strapping Young Lad.

I know, it seems like I'm crazy because everyone at the show knew who he was. I did a quick wiki search on him before I saw the show though. I've heard of SYL but never checked them out. But even though I hadn't heard any of his music before, he got me head banging and into it real fucking quick. Great show.

Seriously, the crowd in that Hive video are fuckin' gay! I'm pretty sure it's just a picture of a crowd with the song playing over it, and a few shakes. They probably went there expecting Black Veil Brides or something...

God, and what a performance they put on with The Hive! I only wish they'd scrap the crap off the setlist (ASOP songs- or at least just Delight and Angers), and include more songs from SOAPF... the less radio friendly ones like The Puzzle, the title track, A New Dawn or Liberation! Nobody really wants a 'best of' setlist, because everyone's bored of those tracks!

Some pride in the old music it seems. "If you don't know this, you don't know shit!"

I got quite emotional watching that, listen to the second "We Should Have Been..." that was sung exactly as it was intended to sound. Amazing, we still have a hell of a band to follow these days in spite of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking great song. Engelin seems quite into it.

Half of the crowd "don't know shit" :)

But at least they know something?
the majority of IF fans are soft kids who doesnt care about pre-clayman stuff, i always wondered why anders consider IF new albums as albums with more mature sound, if its mature sound then why is that sound so popular between kids who are 13-16 years old, the point is that he doesnt explain IF direction very well, i dont want to start a new fight, but obviously he made me so confused with that "more mature" sound than the old albums. :zzz:

In another show he said ''If you don't know this, you don't know In Flames'', true that. But I feel that this is a song that everyone could like, that lead during the verses is really ''catchy'' imo.
Fucking great song. Engelin seems quite into it.

Half of the crowd "don't know shit" :)
That's what Engelin has ''brought to the table'', he's really energetic and it's awesome.

OK, now they just need to get Jesper's head straight and get him back in the band. In Flames goes Iron Maiden - 3 guitar players. No problem with harmonies then. :D