In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Poison Well is an excellent song.

If I'd be forced to rank DT's albums it'd probably go:

Damage Done
The Gallery (the difference between these two is marginal)
Skydancer
Character
Fiction
The Mind's I
Projector
Haven
We Are The Void

The bottom two I've never really gotten into. TMI and Projector were good but I didn't think either represented DT at their best. The top 5 are all amazing albums. I think Skydancer is HUGELY underrated.

@Glenfarclas

Welcome mate! Nothing wrong with liking ASOP.

@DE4life

Duuuude, FUCK U ASOP SUX TJR RULEZ! U DNT KNOW TROO METAL! TJR KVLT! ;)

@drawntoblack

Yeah, me too. Those two songs easily beat 75% of DT discography.

@Zman

Tnx man. Good song and I haven't listened it before.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0dhWbyWFKo&feature=related[/ame]

Another good song. Reminds me of '80 electro-pop band. :)

Man, A88, now you've made me feel like shit :( but at least I feel something...

Damn you Vanilla! I wanted to do that.

Now, give me an I...
Now, give me an S...
Now, give me an C...
Now, give me an R...
Now, give me an E...
Now, give me an A...
Now, give me an M...

A good first post mate, and your english is just fine.

I know plenty of people who really love ASOP, and I don't have a problem with it. It's just a matter of taste. ASOP ain't my thang, neither is STYE. People will like those albums and enjoy the direction In Flames have taken, even if I personally hate those albums it doesn't mean others can't like them.

Unfortunately In Flames discussions often degenerate to "FUCK U ASOP SUX TJR RULEZ" or some variant of that, repeated ad naseum. It's great to see some proper discussion on this board about In Flames that hasn't resorted to trolling or name-calling. Hopefully it'll continue in that vein!

Thank you DE4life! Yes, it would be nice to have a little bit more mature conversations. But I can still relate to that "TJR RULES shit", I have been there too. So hopfully they just find some good music along the way and grow up. But it's ok to dislike to.

@drawntoblack nice to hear! (hence the size of my first post, I really wanted to give you some backround before you judge me! ;) )

Well the tittle fits perfectly with the music. :D

Did you guys listened to the song The Poison Well from DT? Great stuff.
If I have listened to The Poison Well? It's only the best song DT ever released imo....
BREAK THE PATH AND LET'S GET GOING
TO THE PLACE WHERE NOBODY EVER GOES
Format:C Cortex & Mind Matters is other personal favs.

http://www.last.fm/user/Sydantalvella GUYS LOOK AT THIS ,THIS BITCH LISTENED ALMOST ALL SONGS FROM NEW ALBUM,THE QUESTION IS H O W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY NEED TO KNOW,I ALREADY ASKED HER
Haha mate, it's someone who works for a webzine, aka got promotional MP3 copies. Nothing weird with that :p Seen at least 5 people who have scrobbled the whole IF album, fucking music journalists.

If I have listened to The Poison Well? It's only the best song DT ever released imo....

Format C for Cortex... Now that's a masterpiece! So much emotion and power in that song.

Haha mate, it's someone who works for a webzine, aka got promotional MP3 copies. Nothing weird with that :p Seen at least 5 people who have scrobbled the whole IF album, fucking music journalists.

tnx man,u saved my life lolol

Format C: For Cortex is a great song. I think my fav from DD is Single Part of Two, the opening is just amazing.

Format C for Cortex... Now that's a masterpiece! So much emotion and power in that song.

Yeah, I love the whole intro, and the chorus...kinda melancholic feeling or whatever.
SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE

Yeah, I love the whole intro, and the chorus...kinda melancholic feeling or whatever.
SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE

Also, Hours past in exile...those effects and samples at the beginning... When you listen to it, you feel like an abandoned child in post apocalyptic world. :)

Oh, there's a tittle for the NEW In Flames album: Abandoned child in post apocalyptic world. ACIPAW - sounds great. :D

Honorable mentions: The enemy and Ex nihilo.

@DE4life

Solo in that song is perfect.

So, how many of you has pre-ordered the Limited Deluxe Set of SOAPF and where?

I did pre-ordered mine yesterday at cdon.se :)

I won't be getting the limited edition, stuff like that isn't for me. I'm fine with the normal album :) it'll be nice to be able to buy SOAPF... I didn't buy ASOP because the artwork and lyrics disgusted me and I didn't want it in my collection :D kinda sad cos I have every other In Flames album, even STYE.

@A88 - Hours Passed in Exile is very close to being my favourite on DD. Final Resistance is pretty fucking powerful too.

THIS IS THE FINAL RESISTANCE! What a way to end the song! :)

I also won't be buying limited-extended-super/extra/mega package. Just wait until my local store gets the regular album, buy it and enjoy it. :D