In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Did anyone see DT's Where Death Is Most Alive dvd?? Its probably the best live performance of any metal band I've ever seen :)

Haha we should all go to DT forum and spam the living crap out of it. Seems only so appropriate.

I won't be getting the limited edition, stuff like that isn't for me. I'm fine with the normal album :) it'll be nice to be able to buy SOAPF... I didn't buy ASOP because the artwork and lyrics disgusted me and I didn't want it in my collection :D kinda sad cos I have every other In Flames album, even STYE.

@A88 - Hours Passed in Exile is very close to being my favourite on DD. Final Resistance is pretty fucking powerful too.

I have every album but, you know what? I don't even have a copy of ASOP my favorite album, only my wife does, and she has the limited version! :O
When we got kids you know we had to think, do we need two ASOP albums or dipers!

So we got something incommon, all records exept ASOP. Hehe.

By the way, anyone got the mp3 of A new dawn, in hand? ;)

The youtube vid of A New Dawn a few pages back has a download link in the info!

So, how many of you has pre-ordered the Limited Deluxe Set of SOAPF and where?

I did, pre-ordered mine yesterday at cdon.se :)
I did the same, from CDON as well, like a week ago approximately. That belt will be so fucking nice to wear. And all the artwork thingies looks really cool as well. Definitely worth the 440 SEK.

Did anyone see DT's Where Death Is Most Alive dvd?? Its probably the best live performance of any metal band I've ever seen :)

Haha we should all go to DT forum and spam the living crap out of it. Seems only so appropriate.
Yeah it is indeed great. I actually have it and it's REALLY cool, especially the Documentary and the old rehearsal/live clips with Anders. Shame they couldn't find a time to interview him though, they interviewed pretty much EVERYONE else from that area.

I almost even went to the screening thingy they had in Gothenburg but unfortunately didn't have the cash required.
I have every album but, you know what? I don't even have a copy of ASOP my favorite album, only my wife does, and she has the limited version! :O
When we got kids you know we had to think, do we need two ASOP albums or dipers!

So we got something incommon, all records exept ASOP. Hehe.

By the way, anyone got the mp3 of A new dawn, in hand? ;)

The only IF album I have in my collection is ASOP, I won a contest on JH, got the CD with all 5 members authographs both outside and inside the booklet, pretty sweet stuff. So basically I haven't paid for any of IF's music except for the single and album this time. Instead, I have bought around 20~ In Flames T-shirts, a hoodie, a beanie...I rather buy merch, and just download the albums instead.

Shall we try to write down lyrics of A new dawn like with other songs?

I dreamed that you have died
I'm forever alone
I'm weakened, I'm freightened
This place (?) about to change
Things you said to me
Belive, and ...?...
Will turn into remorse

I stand alone and breathe again
I won't stop until this is through

And I can't wait to see the sunrise again
(It's moments like this)
?
?
?

I got this far. :)

The only IF album I have in my collection is ASOP, I won a contest on JH, got the CD with all 5 members authographs both outside and inside the booklet, pretty sweet stuff. So basically I haven't paid for any of IF's music except for the single and album this time. Instead, I have bought around 20~ In Flames T-shirts, a hoodie, a beanie...I rather buy merch, and just download the albums instead.

I actually have all records up to Clayman signed by Anders and I think STYE signed by all. The funny thing is that I have the Lunar strain album signed by Anders aswell. I didn't know better back in the day, if you get the point! :O

How do you get the profile pic to work?

I have TJR, Clayman and Come Clarity signed by Anders, Bjorn, Jesper, Peter and Daniel :) I saw them at a signing in London and thought I'd bring 3 albums that best represented the entire spread of the career until that point (it was 2006).

Lyrics for A New Dawn...

I dreamed that you had died
I'm forever alone
I'm weak and I'm frightened

This thing's about to change
Things you said to me
Believe and the things you might find
Will turn into remorse

(It's moments like this)
I am ??? ???
To better what I am
You won't hear the [lies from me?]

Feel the silent [rage? hate?]
Time to get moving
Getting somewhere with no directions
I swear to you it won't ever be the same
It's ?? ???? ??? the road lies open
Leaving all ???? behind

(It's moments like this)
I am ??? ???
To better what I am
You won't hear the [lies from me?]

[interlude/violins]

(It's moments like this)
I ??? ??? ???
To better what I am
You won't hear [lies from me?]

??? ???? ???? from my mind
Last remaining night
From here to everywhere
I stand alone
And breath again
I would ??? ???? ????

Shall we try to write down lyrics of A new dawn like with other songs?

I dreamed that you have died
I'm forever alone
I'm weakened, I'm freightened
This place (?) about to change
Things you said to me
Belive, and ...?...
Will turn into remorse

(It's moments like this)
?
?
?

I got this far. :)
Time for the king to decipher the lyrics.

I dreamed that you had died
I'm forever alone
I'm weakened, I'm frightened
This place's about to change
Things you said to me
Believe and the things you might find
Will turn into a march

(It's moments like this)
I am what you'll never be
To better what I am
You won't hear lies from me

Feel the sudden aches
Time to get moving
Getting somewhere with no directions
I swear to you it will never be the same
It's astray(?), but the road lies open
Leaving all this behind

(It's moments like this)
To better what I am

(It's moments like this)
To better what I am

Erase darkness from my mind
Last remaining night
From here to everywhere

(It's moments like this)
To better what I am

While doing the lyrics I discovered an awesome thing. Around 1:40 when he says ''Feel the sudden aches'', listen closely on how he screams that, that is 100% Colony vocal style, almost even a touch ala Whoracle as well. You especially hear it on how he pronounces the word ''aches'', same tone and style and everything. Anders going oldschool with the vocals at some places is simply unexpected, but gladly welcome. And people say he can't do the vocals anymore? Pfft.

"Erase darkness from my mind
Last remaining night
From here to everywhere

(It's moments like this)
To better what I am
You won't hear lies from me"

My only change

Since the Used and Abused DVD it's been common knowledge Anders can still do the death growls, he just chooses not to most of the time. It's a shame IMO, his death growls are far superior to his half-scream half-yells, but maybe the latter is just easier for him to do.

"Erase darkness from my mind
Last remaining night
From here to everywhere

(It's moments like this)
To better what I am
You won't hear lies from me"

My only change
Yeah, that's definitely correct now that I read it lol, I was way wrong.

Since the Used and Abused DVD it's been common knowledge Anders can still do the death growls, he just chooses not to most of the time. It's a shame IMO, his death growls are far superior to his half-scream half-yells, but maybe the latter is just easier for him to do.
Yes but his death-growls in the live DVD is his ''new style'' death-growls so to speak, he didn't use those in the past. I meant his actual screaming tone, not his death-growls :p It was exactly like on Colony in that sentence, and some other ones as well in the song. Gives me a kind of nostalgic feeling somehow.

I actually made a video about Anders Old and New style deathgrowls a while back lol, you can check it if you haven't already...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how Anders voice is different in each of the new song we've heard from SOAPF. That's certainly something new. Deliver us is some kind of high half-scream while in SOAPF there's the usual screams that Anders usually use and in A New Dawn there's some low kind of screams. I think this will be an album that you'll need to listen to a couple of times in order to fully experience it.

SOAPF - An incredibly diverse album. A good mix of old, new and everything in between.
Could be a good description of this album for future lists. ;)

the title should've been "Sounds of a playground fading: Bjorn's Revenge" from the song's we've heard i think that bjorn was waiting to breakout and write all of the guitars himself because jesper was holding his head back like a bully, while bjorn was trying to take swings at song writing ;)

the title should've been "Sounds of a playground fading: Bjorn's Revenge" from the song's we've heard i think that bjorn was waiting to breakout and write all of the guitars himself because jesper was holding his head back like a bully, while bjorn was trying to take swings at song writing ;)

Well...Björn is a songwriter since Whoracle, and I guess that this is not the first time he writes a song alone, the only difference is that today, he has to do it alone. Anyway I guess that some songs before SOAPF were written by Björn, without Jesper.