In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

So I'm loving "A New Dawn" as much as everyone else, but there's one part that bugs me. That second line, "I'm Forever Alone" keeps reminding me of this:
forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

LMAO, I thought the same thing when the members here were figuring out the lyrics!

I have been lurking around for a long time and decided to post for once and join in the fun. In Flames has been my number 2 band behind Dark Tranquillity because of the newer material for each band. I like Dark Tranquillity's way more than in flames (although I still enjoy it all). The reason i am posting is because i LOVE the direction for the new album in the 3 songs i have heard. I am super excited for what i am hearing on A New Dawn and the title track specifically and I think Anders sounds better than he has in a long time and the great guitar melodies are back.

And violins in In Flames= win if you ask me.

EDIT: I hear that In FLames and Soilwork are possibly going to be touring North America in the fall. just saying

HAHAHAHAHAAA! That video of Daniel freaking out Anders was FUCKIN' hilarious!! Ander's looked fookin' spooked!! :rofl: funniest thing i've seen in ages!

Yeah i'm with Kake- trying to limit how much i listen to the new tracks. I've only listened to A New Dawn once... and even that was spoiled with the radio host speaking at the beginning and end :( I'm gonna save my ears the glory of listening to it in high quality until the released :D

I listened to A New Dawn only once...in the last 5 minutes. :D

No seriously, that song has real quality, it won't get boring no matter how many times I listen to it.

Can't wait for the real stuff. I really want to hear The Puzzle and All for Me.

Hey Zman, rest assured- the mid-section of A New Dawn is spine chilling, with Anders on top form all the way through (that chorus is probably the most awesome thing he's ever wrote). Although it would be twice as nice to hear it in clear quality through my Sony twin-turbo bass earphones :D there's no clarity from the drums when the quality is such a turd.

after relistening to ASOP again, i believe that if anders did a better job on vocals, and had more creative lyrics, the album would've been much stronger. because the instruments themselves weren't that bad.

Haha ! I've watched it sooooo many times ! I don't get bored of it, it's always the same pleasure!

About the new dawn : I listened to the first 10 seconds then turn it off.
I don't want to hear it in such a poor quality!

But from what I've been reading, it seems it kicks some asses.

Yeah, those guys are so hilarious!! I love when Peter and Anders talk about Daniel getting more naked and how they are afraid of him hahaha! That's genious comedy! No band has done such great studio diaries as In Flames did. Not only were those extremely funny, but they also had LOADS of interesting clips. Not only showing their amps and stuff but also much of their life when recording.

Oh and you really only listened to 10 seconds and then turned it off not to spoil it for yourself? That's some great will there! ;)

I think so too. Also, I think that, after watching again the studio episodes, they are really taking this album seriously, they want it to be perfect. And so far, after listening to 3 songs from them, I think they're doing the right thing.

I also think that Bjorn, now that Jesper isn't in the band anymore, has more time to focus on his own riffs and kind of experiment and work on himself more. At least MORE than before. (even though Bjorn wrote many many songs in IF).