In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Really like those samples!

One thing i really like so far is that these new songs sound so diverse. Lots of different kind of cool shit going on. fast heavy stuff, mellow, epic melodies and keyboards etc
Pretty much all ASOP songs sounded the same except The chosen pessimist (didint really like it that much).

Cant wait :heh:

Samples sound fucking awesome! Liberation does sound like a really weird track indeed, and sometimes the 30sec samples makes the songs come out of context it feels like.

Diversity seems to be the key of this record.

Btw, I told you the Ropes intro was awesome and pure melodeath :p

It's just a fucking shame amazon has their samples in like 10kbps, doesn't do the songs justice at all I reckon.
It feels for me personally, that this album will rank really high in their discography.

I'm liking the Liberation sample. As a fan of rock music, it's appealling to finally hear Anders' sing with a great 'rock' voice. Sounds good, seeming as Anders' clean style is unique. A New Dawn would be the typical 'grand finale' of an album but In Flames are pushing for something more, creatively.

As Zenadi said: the album sounds just like Anders described it- the most diverse album they have ever made, with the most mellow bits and the most aggressive!

I'm not usually a HUGE fan of In Flames' slower songs like Dawn of a New Day, Satellites and Astronauts, Metaphor ETC. But these new slow 'atmospheric tracks' sound awe-inspiring! The Attic and Jester's Door both have a great moody vibe, and from what i've heard- Where the Dead Ships Dwell just comes alive with those keyboard sections!

:kickass:

These 20 days or so till release better hurry the fuckin' 'ell up!

is just me or amazon.fr samples aren't available now?

amazon.de samples are from different parts in some songs i think... or just ~3 seconds after

Doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason, my flash plugin crashes when I press play on the sample box, but someone else try it:
http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Downl...sounds+of+a+playground+fading&urlrefer=search

Should be in CD quality, and I think the samples are 45sec instead of 30sec...

Yeah mate, just crashes my browser when i click the play button. :erk: Play.com always seems to be unreliable with their MP3 service. A friend of mine had trouble with them when he preordered the Deliver Us single.

... And I was dying to hear 15 seconds more of Where the Dead Ships Dwell and its insanely catchy keyboard section! :p

The Puzzle seems to be amazing. The keyboard in the chorus along with:
"There were always times
answers to the puzzle
grab a piece of the light"
:headbang:

Yeah, I thought he said that The Attic had a tramp organ instead of his vocals, but it seems that Jester's door has it instead. Seems like some of the details in the first set of reviews that came out were probably lost in poor translation as they said that there would be an accordion featured in The Attic.

Anyways, liking the samples. I agree with Krofius, All for me does seem heavier than usual. It reminds me of Amon Amarth in the sample. So far nothing has disappointed me. Liberation is a ballad. I expected it to be soft. It was a similar situation when they released A Chosen Pessimist. It's not the typical IF sound but it's done in such a way that it expands the genre that is In Flames.

Why the fuck does Delight and Angers have "explicit" next to it? :D unless it means explicitly shit :D

Yeah, I thought he said that The Attic had a tramp organ instead of his vocals, but it seems that Jester's door has it instead. Seems like some of the details in the first set of reviews that came out were probably lost in poor translation as they said that there would be an accordion featured in The Attic.

Anyways, liking the samples. I agree with Krofius, All for me does seem heavier than usual. It reminds me of Amon Amarth in the sample. So far nothing has disappointed me. Liberation is a ballad. I expected it to be soft. It was a similar situation when they released A Chosen Pessimist. It's not the typical IF sound but it's done in such a way that it expands the genre that is In Flames.

I think in the second chorus there is a organ or something that plays and Anders doesn't sing.