In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I don't like how Anders sang in this video, he did the first part nicely but he just lost it half way through the song.

To be fair, it's a well established fact Anders cannot pull off the cleans very well live :D it's not entirely his fault - screaming and singing for 17 songs is fucking hard work and even the best vocalists doing this style often find their voices failing them. Problem is Anders isn't really a very good singer to begin with :D I don't think it really ruins the experience when you're there live because backing tracks & instruments tend to drown out a lot of his cleans anyway, but when you hear his vocals on video it is more noticable.

water sound? lmao Here's a little description of watermarking, it's unhearable without proper tools etc.

"Watermarking, which uses a set of techniques to hide a message in a signal. Usually what you do is place a message in part of a signal that makes it inaudible but very hard to remove. There's an assortment of tricks for doing that. That's the essence of watermarking. And the message can say anything you want it to. Usually they're short messages that say one of two things. "

In this case it's probably something like "Property Of Century Media" or some other shit with and ID of the copy probably so they could track anyone who would leak the album to the internet.

Pft, one of the reviewers should stop being a pussy and just throw it out there :D then when Century Media questions them just use Shaggy's motto "it wasn't me" , what those muthafuckas gonna do about it :Smokedev:

"Watermarking, which uses a set of techniques to hide a message in a signal. Usually what you do is place a message in part of a signal that makes it inaudible but very hard to remove. There's an assortment of tricks for doing that. That's the essence of watermarking. And the message can say anything you want it to. Usually they're short messages that say one of two things. "

In this case it's probably something like "Property Of Century Media" or some other shit with and ID of the copy probably so they could track anyone who would leak the album to the internet.

hahaha, woops my bad, I just thought that was it. Then why is it called "watermarked"? I thought it had to do with the way the sound is compressed.

Interview with Anders from yesterday:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with Anders from yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Onbk6nAjY

9:50 Anders gets pissed. I'd get pissed too if somebody said that it's his fault that the band's different than before, and worse. It's true what he says about the songs, if you put some synthesizers into the Jester Race it would sound pretty much the same. I personally like In Flames and always will.

So f*** the rest. They're not gonna change and never will.

It's true what he says about the songs, if you put some synthesizers into the Jester Race it would sound pretty much the same.

heh, thats nothing but a blapshemy. There are some synths in colony and its not pretty much the same as the new stuff ;)

Well yeah:

You take this:

put some synths in...

and you get this:

;)

Nice interview. Anders always sounds sleepy. :)

Where The Dead Ships Dwell:

Awesome solo!

Awesome song! Haha, it seems everybody likes that electro part. This is light years ahead ASOP.

Drummer is a beast with all that headbanging. Daniel needs to grow his hear pronto!

This is all the lyrics I could hear from the song, I missed parts..

These pictures only fade
The walls are closing in
And there I was (????)
------------------
I won't let the world break me, and i need to change direction
Nothing special and far from perfect
Light the way for me
Wont say, I'm sorry
I got what i deserve
I'm dying inside
All of this will turn to ash
A chance for a peace of mind
Walking where the dead ships dwell
These are shores I left behind
------------------------------
I'm dying inside
All of this will turn to ash
A chance for a peace of mind
----------------
---------------
I know I went to far
I won't say i'm sorry
I got what I deserve
I got what I deserve

That's about all I got ;)

It's true what he says about the songs, if you put some synthesizers into the Jester Race it would sound pretty much the same

Sorry but I dont agree with this at all. What Anders said about Reroute sounding similar to Clayman is bullcrap, its a totally different style of album, they are like the products of two different bands. I'll agree that some of the melodies from Reroute could have been used on the older albums, and perhaps if he growled instead of screamed it may have sounded similar, but as they both are they sound nothing alike. I love all In Flames music as I got into them much later and worked my way back, but I know if i'd have been a huge fan back in 2002 when Reroute was released I would have gone fcuking spare at what my favourite band had done to its music.

but I know if i'd have been a huge fan back in 2002 when Reroute was released I would have gone fcuking spare at what my favourite band had done to its music.

I probably agree with that. I'm not going to get into this "are they the same but sound different" thing, but I will say that, as a fan that went backwards in their discography, it probably is easier to like their change in sound than if we were to start with them from the beginning.

I started right in the middle with Clayman, listened to Reroute and thought after some time it was OK, then went backwards. Then those assholes released STYE and I was unimpressed to put it lightly :D

And yeah, as usual Anders is trolling with his Jester Race comment. Either that or he's fucking deaf :D