In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

@Jester313

Yeah he did. But it is simply not true!

C'mon, where would you fit let's say SOAPF riff into TJR? There is A New Dawn riff that could go to Colony, but that's it.

And I disagree about Change between Colony and Clayman. Clayman is basically Colony ver.2 (more serious and upgraded). LS doesn't have many similarities with TJR, same with TJR and W, W and Colony, Clayman and RTR, RTR and STYE, STYE and CC, CC and ASOP... but Colony - Clayman is very similar.

Also RTR... It is not similar to Clayman, and I'm not saying this just because of the production. Only two songs from Clayman have some connection to RTR - Clayman and As Future repeats today. At least to my ears.

@Jester313

Yeah he did. But it is simply not true!

C'mon, where would you fit let's say SOAPF riff into TJR? There is A New Dawn riff that could go to Colony, but that's it.

And I disagree about Change between Colony and Clayman. Clayman is basically Colony ver.2 (more serious and upgraded). LS doesn't have many similarities with TJR, same with TJR and W, W and Colony, Clayman and RTR, RTR and STYE, STYE and CC, CC and ASOP... but Colony - Clayman is very similar.

I respectfully disagree. There were many layered vocals on Clayman, a wider vocal range as well. Colony had a different feel for its solos. I'm not saying there's a huge difference, just as big as any other album to album change. Except for Clayman to R2R, that was the biggest. For me, I look at each album being a sequel, they all consist of gradual changes. That's just my opinion of course.

I don't care about which song could be on which album. The albums are what they are, end of the story. The guy who sings "Where The Dead Ships Dwell" on stage today is the same guy who sang "I'm the Moonshield" in small venues almost two decades from now. THAT is amazing.

I don't care about which song could be on which album. The albums are what they are, end of the story. The guy who sings "Where The Dead Ships Dwell" on stage today is the same guy who sang "I'm the Moonshield" in small venues almost two decades from now. THAT is amazing.

Amazing, or depressing? :D

Amazing, or depressing? :D

AMAZING

slap.jpg

For me it's quite obvious that the biggest album to album change in IF's history is Lunar Strain to The Jester Race.

And you say Anders is wrong? Well I honestly still think his judgement is better since he's in the band. Maybe it's hard to imagine R2R and it's riffs and melodies in the Studio Fredman production, but I think Anders knows whether the riffs are similar to Clayman for example, or if they aren't. He hears them before they get the production sound, so who knows the music best, the people in the band or the people outside? Obviously the people in the band.

Clayman WERE similar, music wise, production wise, not really.

In Clayman, he layered the WHOLE album with the mumbly-talk thing.
It continued in R2R, albeit not as much as in Clayman.

Björn has himself numerous times said that R2R has the exact same writing style as Clayman, but the changing of studio and producer makes it sounds really different.

Anyways, new album coming up, and it seems like everyone has something they will like. Better with a few songs that you like than none, right? =)

I look at each album being a sequel, they all consist of gradual changes.

Yeah, this is true. I can see (i)logical progression... Sometimes I like it, sometimes not.

The guy who sings "Where The Dead Ships Dwell" on stage today is the same guy who sang "I'm the Moonshield" in small venues almost two decades from now. THAT is amazing.

From: "truth serves them embrace and defend her case, part flattery, part threats" to "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something"

Depressing! Definitely. ;)

For me it's quite obvious that the biggest album to album change in IF's history is Lunar Strain to The Jester Race.

Now that I think of it, you are 100% right with this. LS is still not In Flames-ish. Subterranean is.

And you say Anders is wrong? Well I honestly still think his judgement is better since he's in the band.

Not necessarily. We, as outsiders can see things they can't. They are not objective enough. He may feel it is the same (after all, the same people were writing the music, same process etc.) but the result and overall atmosphere is definitely different.

Anyways, new album coming up, and it seems like everyone has something they will like. Better with a few songs that you like than none, right?

From what we heard 'till now, SOAPF will be a fucking beast! And I can't wait...

Boom, boom! I surrender kind sir! ;)

That is fucking amazing lyrical line.

We truly are ghosts of (in) the concrete world.

Let me get this straight Gizmo? You are saying ghost have a PLAN to get some I SCREAM?

Can ghosts feel like shit... or can they feel anything?!

Jokes aside, this is purely philosophical question.

SOAPF, beards, large cocks and philosophy...only on UM forum!

LOL :D

Can art exist without rules ?

Well how do you define rules? Like, society's rules? Or the "rules" to make a good painting or poem? Obviously a lot of great art comes from going against society's rules and going against the art rules. I've been writing some poems, but I don't follow any particular guideline or anything, but I don't go against the guidelines on purpose either. So, maybe? It's all perceptual.