In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I had zero idea what the opening verses of Jotun were before I looked at the lyrics. I still have no clue how he's pronouncing "architecture". In fact most of the songspoken stuff he's done I've found pretty damn hard to understand, especially with the accent.

Between his pronunciation and the layering, I find Anders to be one of the harder to understand vocalists out there...Like Dark Tranquility or Hypocrisy I never need a lyric book.

I figured I would throw myself into this happening thread and throw in my 2 cents. (i've been peeking at it for about 2 months now)

I am loving the samples so far, but as was said before, 30 seconds is hardly enough to judge a song, just as 4 songs are hardly enough to judge an album. One of the songs that sounded the most interesting was Liberation, and the groove element in Darker Times is going to sound amazing on the drive to work.

As a huge fan on Whoracle and R2R, I am pretty easy to please when it comes to In Flames, so I'm sure this is another one I will enjoy.

:Spam: (Just trying it out.)

Where the Dead Ships Dwell...wow...another great track released on this album (I really want to hear the studio version!!). The part of the song directly after the solo reminds me of Subterranean for some reason. Now, someone leak: All for me, The Puzzle, Fear is the Weakness, The Attic, Darker Times, Ropes, Jester's Door, and Liberation. Please and thank you.

It's life - the duck that bites you

Yes! I was trying to remember what the Bullet Ride line was.

As for Anders' pronunciation, it really bugged me when I was much younger because I always felt like even after looking up the official lyrics I still wasn't satisfied that I knew the words when I wanted to sing it.

He has gotten much better with his English and I have gotten better at understanding his accent. I went quite a while without really listening to In Flames (or any metal) until just a couple of days ago. Listening to Colony and R2R today, I was finding that I had quite a few "Ah-ha!" moments where I understood lines that I didn't understand before.

By the way, I think what Anders actually says in Jotun is: ARK-eh-chur. o_O

I posted on Everdying as this username, then when that closed migrated over here and started fighting with people for a while, was fun :D

Plintus set up Jesterass forums which had some people from Everdying, but those forums died a horrible death, the corpse was picked at by spam vultures and then the site went down entirely.

I remember being on Everdying when STYE came out... that was fun :D

I think Plintus re-joined JH incognito (since he got banned from there once), but I don't know if he's still there.

Archy was a moderator at JH and as soon as he got that position, he axed Everdying. Last time I was at the JH forums, he was still listed as a moderator despite not having been active for well over a year. There were a few others from Everdying there as well. TraumA is also a moderator.

Me... well, I was Starforsaken and I spent many a night on the ED boards. Miss that place.

Haha yeah, that's cool. I used to get a bit worked up when people would shit on any In Flames song. To this day, I still love every one of their songs. The ones that don't stand out immediately always grow on me over time. If there is just one bit of a song that I like, I'll listen to it over and over. Call it love from repetition if you want. It's still love. Like how a man loves his fleshlight or a flamethrower. It doesn't matter why he loves them. He just does.

Speaking of fleshlights, where the flying fuck is this leak?! I haven't had some good fapping music in days! Oh, don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' about. ;)

EDIT: Ahh, man I remember you Starforsaken... at least the user-name anyways. :p Didn't ArchY close down ED because of the suuuuper early Come Clarity leak that everybody was spreading around? I still remember that day so clearly :D I was at school so I couldn't listen right away. Gooood times.

Yeah since CC leaked soooooo early, they are much more careful about that. ASOP leaked around 2 weeks before the release if I remember good, and now SOAPF... I bet it will leak after 5th, or earlier I hope ;)

Well this time it's different... It's the album itself and they will be shipping it to stores etc on a bigger scale.

edit: i'm a little wrong here since the release on 15th is only in sweden :rofl: but they will ship the album to other countries much eailier than the release anyway :p

Well this time it's different... It's the album itself and they will be shipping it to stores etc on a bigger scale.

edit: i'm a little wrong here since the release on 15th is only in sweden :rofl: but they will ship the album to other countries much eailier than the release anyway :p

Could you be right...

Yeah since CC leaked soooooo early, they are much more careful about that. ASOP leaked around 2 weeks before the release if I remember good, and now SOAPF... I bet it will leak after 5th, or earlier I hope ;)
CC leaked ca. 3months before release if I recall correctly. ASOP leaked around 3-4 weeks before release.

Btw gizmo_thnxbye, you're ArchY? :worship:notworthy

About Anders prononciation...
We have the classic in Gyroscope when he says ''Butthole''
Also in December Flower it kinda bugs me, when the lyric is ''We are in flames'' he only pronounces ''in flame''.

I have no real problems with Anders prononciation, the only thing I can hear is the classic IT'S IN MY ASS... rest seems fine with me :p