In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Thanks ante979 :D They are shorter samples than the other ones we've heard but they actually reveal a liiiiittle bit more of each track. Good stuff.

that "quickie" review pisses me off, but not because of the low rating. They can feel however they want about the album, but they've been given a god damned review copy. They need to actually do a review than "I don't like it, it sucks." Give some sort of detail other than "There are guitars and screaming"

Someone said they heard the full album or got the full album on some other forum, so there may be a leak.
Goddamn you pampers goddamn you.

Some Jose guy tweeted to In Flames, "listening to NEW @InFlames_SWE full length for 3rd time it's got some really cool songs on it i'll play some more cuts on show today." That was about 6 hours ago and In Flames responded to him so he has the album. Hopefully some more tracks will leak or be ripped from his show soon.

this guy ripped Enter Tragedy:

He said: With the best available quality! Subscribe for more songs from this album!

Last edited by a moderator:
this guy ripped Enter Tragedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKG4nCTLBAw

He said: With the best available quality! Subscribe for more songs from this album!

That's the radio rip :D I love how he claims he'll "release" A New Dawn after 60 subs or whatever. It was leaked a week ago, twat :D he's not leaked anything that hasn't already found its way onto the net... what a shock.

I think a leak does exist, but it's very hard to find.

So far i'm skeptical about this album. Deliver us and sounds of a playground fading were just blah. Enter Tragedy and A New Dawn are ok.

But despite what some obviously too hardcore for hardcore kids say, i think Anders sounds great. His voice and melodic capabilities have improved tremendously.

So far i'm skeptical about this album. Deliver us and sounds of a playground fading were just blah. Enter Tragedy and A New Dawn are ok.

But despite what some obviously too hardcore for hardcore kids say, i think Anders sounds great. His voice and melodic capabilities have improved tremendously.

I thought that all songs that we got to hear are all very good.
Even Deliver Us.

I agree with you about his vocals... It's no doubt improved since R2R/STYE (a HUGE step up from ASOP) but I still think Anders' Whoracle/Colony vocals are the best.

I still think Anders' Whoracle/Colony vocals are the best.

You mean the creepy crawler voice? I mean... everyone can do that these days. Look at Dark Tranquility if you still need that.

At least Anders has some change ups now. I don't understand the scene sometimes and their hate for anything remotely melodic when it comes to singing.

I saw the same complaints with Dolvins voice on the new Haunted album yet his voice on the album was the most dynamic it had ever been.

It's just the nature of this genre i guess.

I'm just relieved that the production has at least improved. I am sure that they have taken this album seriously and took time with it. I am hearing multiple (3 or so) guitars on a few of the solos, which is super.

I would be really interested to hear, how would In Flames album (let's say 2013-4) sound like if they decided:

1) not to use any keys or samples (thus being forced to make guitarwork more interesting)
2) not to use any vocal layering or heavy processing (thus forcing Anders to sing-scream in his natural way)
3) to produce album themselves (no Bergstrand and Laghi)

What do you guys think, how would that end up?

You mean the creepy crawler voice? I mean... everyone can do that these days. Look at Dark Tranquility if you still need that.

At least Anders has some change ups now. I don't understand the scene sometimes and their hate for anything remotely melodic when it comes to singing.

I saw the same complaints with Dolvins voice on the new Haunted album yet his voice on the album was the most dynamic it had ever been.

It's just the nature of this genre i guess.

Personally I think Anders' vocals are very unique. In TJR, it was pretty typical growlish vocals, but after that, he kinda developed his own style of growls (until Clayman that is).

I don't think anyone sounds like Anders, but the DT vocalist sounds very much like the typical growl vocals you would hear.

I listen to DT and Insomnium and I could easily believe that they're the same vocalist, it sounds so alike.

I see Anders kind of like a Bruce Dickinson or James Hetfield. Singing appropriate for the genre, but has a unique voice.

I'm just relieved that the production has at least improved. I am sure that they have taken this album seriously and took time with it. I am hearing multiple (3 or so) guitars on a few of the solos, which is super.

Since i only have muddy leaks i can't really judge yet but so far i think the production is a bit too layered.

Enter Tragedy would have been such a better song if it was a bit more simplistic.

Good song either way.