In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

That link was posted just a few pages back...

And when I went through the surveys I was given the password lala. But GG extracted it for me... But yeah, it's fake.

Leak would be nice today... something to look forward to after work. Wish the new Symphony X would leak too... they're coming out only a couple days apart, and neither has leaked yet, I'm pretty surprised.

I ordered Sounds Of A Playground Fading Special Edition a while ago. Anyone know if it will feature the studio episodes or something not yet seen?

Special edition comes with the cd and dvd in a fold-out digipak I believe. I'm ordering my super-deluxe pack as soon as I get around to it from Amazon, I've never got a special edition like this before, excited! :D

They've been doing a really good job curbing leaks these days eh? Before albums would come out a month in advance but now it's on a 1-2 week window at best.

I remember Surtur Rising leaking pretty early... 3-4 weeks I think it was.
I'm hoping for a leak really soon, I'm getting very impatient.

Talking about singing/screaming/growling styles, and Anders' performances- I personally think he's improved vastly over his music career. He now holds his notes waaaaaaay longer than he used to, and seems to have found a vocal style that he can perform comfortably on stage. Along with displaying talent in his clean singing too!

When i listen to the older In Flames albums (Whoracle, Colony etc) Anders never held any notes, simply growling words that form sentences. I find that it takes more talent, or at least ability, to scream in the high pitched way found on Clayman, STYE and Come Clarity. It's also much more unique in the current metal scene (where black metal uses it dominantly- correct me if i'm wrong? I'm not a black metal expert or anything), where anyone can get a guitarist and drummer before grunting down a mic. :D

On another note- i hope all you guys ranting about the album leaking are going to be purchasing the album too(?) ;)

I'm taking the same stance with this as I took with ASOP ... if it's worth my money, I'll buy it. If not, I'll just delete it off my PC. ASOP is the only N'Flamez album I don't own.

Of course I'm buying it! :tickled:

sent my pre-order in a couple days ago. i should have on/around the 21st.

I'm not buying it. I don't have the mommy, daddy buy me an album option, living on my own I'm not rich so I don't buy albums at all... I rather STEAL THEM LIKE A MAN, and spend the money on gigs instead ;)

I'm taking the same stance with this as I took with ASOP ... if it's worth my money, I'll buy it. If not, I'll just delete it off my PC. ASOP is the only N'Flamez album I don't own.

You don't have ASOP? But what do you do when you feel like shit then? ;)

I'm waiting for a leak. Then I'm waiting a bit longer for album to come in my local store. Then I'll buy it. But I want to hear fucking song now!

@xdrifterx

I like your philosophy. I buy just selected albums. Don't care about the rest. And I'm allergic to all that deluxe things. It's just so commercial. Just give us the fucking album and then tour the whole world and that's it.