In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

You don't have ASOP? But what do you do when you feel like shit then? ;)

Well, if I had ASOP I'd just have to remind myself that at least I feel something.

Or I can listen to an awesome album like Colony or Clayman, stop moping around like a dick and take on the world :D

I do have it on my PC... but I tend to forget I have it. ;)

Although, now that I think of it... If they took that cool riffs and melodies, and put them on TJR...it would all fit right in... or not...

I think i'll rename 'A Sense of Purpose' on my iPod to something like: 'The Chosen Pessimist (and other songs scattered about it)' :tickled:

I really like that song. After a good listening-stint of In Flames :popcorn:, i usually end the experience with TCP as a closer. Although that may soon change when A New Dawn graces itself on the CD! :Spin:

Oh, and the lyric misinterpretation i had was in Coerced Coexistence's chorus: "Pine! (echoes)... ine... ine... i need some sympathy!!" :)

I know it's written as "Pine...", but I swear he sings "Pain...". Also, that makes a little more sense to me than "Pine" does. I feel like there was a little something lost in the translation there.

I found ASOP for on ebay for $4 including shipping, was happy about that. I have TJR/Black-Ash digipak and Colony and Clayman deluxe editions which were all $6-$7 each with shipping, and that's the extent of my IF collection. I love searching for deals on ebay and don't usually like to pay too much for albums, but I'm making an exception for SOAPF and Symphony X's new album Iconoclast.

You don't have to tell me about money, I'm paying my way through university... it's nice to break down and get something every now and then though. :D I've actually never been to any shows either (metal bands don't come here, looking at several hours to drive and $65 fare just to cross our bridge to get off the island I'm from, lol), but I'm going to Montreal this summer with my friend for their Heavy MTL festival. Between getting the tickets and the cost to get there it will be about $500, but it's going to be amazing. In Flames, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Anthrax and a bunch other of my favourite bands will be there. I can't wait! :D

pine.gif

Cheers for the feedback on my article, En-Loss... usually when I post shit like that I get no responses so it was nice to get some feedback for a change :).

My Entire physical CD collection consists of:
Dark+Tranquillity+-+Character+%5B2005%3B+Sweden.jpg

and
61wFGqOEduL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Anything else is digital. I'm a product of my generation I guess. :D

I literally spend any extra money I have after bills on DVDs, CDs and concerts. Sometimes putting myself into some god awful binds.

I have over 200 DVDs, and a pretty decent CD collection. The entire discography of Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Nightwish, Skyfire...Most of Vintersorg, Hypocrisy, At The Gates, Insomnium, Borknagar and so many other randoms. I have several cases packed full of DVDs.

If I download something and love it, I buy it. Just the way I work. The is finances allow so, I will go to shows within reasonable distance. If the band gives enough notice, that can be within a five hour radiance.

My collection isn't huge... I think I have 16 cds right now. I like having the physical copy though, I don't think I'd ever buy music digitally, I'd rather just download it. I like looking through the booklets at the art, most metal albums are pretty good in that department. Plus you I can rip it in whatever format I like, which is nice.

On a side note, I'm very upset with In Flames being on the Rockstar Mayhem Festival. I really want to see In Flames, but I'm not willing to pay that much money for only ONE band I would care to see.

I have to agree, I'm not really looking forward to seeing any of the other bands they're dragging along with them... How much is Mayhem on it's own? They're appearing for the first day in Montreal along with a few other bands and it's around $75. (Weekend pass is $150)

They're coming near me on their own in August, and tickets are only $20! Though I'm exactly interested on the supporting acts (Trivium, Straight Line Stitch, Kingdom of Sorrow), still I'll get to see them after missing them a couple years ago so it's cool as long as nothing happens before then to mess everything up.

I'm taking the same stance with this as I took with ASOP ... if it's worth my money, I'll buy it. If not, I'll just delete it off my PC. ASOP is the only N'Flamez album I don't own.

heh.

I'm in the camp that has never found a single In Flames release solid front to back but yet love the band and love a lot of their songs.

ASOP is the only album i feel was truly cohesive and solid through and through even though it's not their best work and seemingly their most accessible.

Even though some of their older stuff has the most memorable songs with the best riffs they were never complete works all the way through like ASOP was.

I hope that made sense.

Considering I've only paid $15 - $22 to see In Flames, and have gotten Dark Tranquillity and sentenced were there for the $15 one. Second one I paid $22 for and didn't care for the other bands, but still a fair price...

But like $75 for a ticket for one band? Hell, I only paid $30 for the At The Gates reunion tour and Darkest Hour put on a good performance there too.

I know it's written as "Pine...", but I swear he sings "Pain...". Also, that makes a little more sense to me than "Pine" does. I feel like there was a little something lost in the translation there.

I believe the Colony booklet has lyrical errors in it. To back up this claim, look at how they couldn't get the title "The New Word" correct.
It does make more sense that the lyrics are "pain" and not "pine"

Also in Resin's lyrics, I believe it's not "The hall of the giants" but rather "Each day I crawl to the heart of the silence" which makes 100 times more sense. In the live version, you can hear clearly that that is what he says, too.

A lot of the lyrics are right but those parts seem wrong.

Fuck the Mayhem festival...

godsmack and disturbed?? fuck that horrific shit.

The headline should be In Flames, Machine Head, and Megadeath. Unless i get a free ticket i'm not going to even bother going.