In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Its not even the line as a meaning, it just sounds like like lazy writing is all. For someone who has been really good with metaphors throughout his career, I though he could have just been artistic with it.

Eh, fair enough. Sometimes I like it when lyrics are blunt like that. But what the fuck do I know. I think Bottled is a great song.

Yeah, song would definitely have been better with a more subtle chorus if you ask me. At least the lyrics on the new album have sounded pretty good so far, so I'm not really worried about it.

I believe the Colony booklet has lyrical errors in it. To back up this claim, look at how they couldn't get the title "The New Word" correct.
It does make more sense that the lyrics are "pain" and not "pine"

Also in Resin's lyrics, I believe it's not "The hall of the giants" but rather "Each day I crawl to the heart of the silence" which makes 100 times more sense. In the live version, you can hear clearly that that is what he says, too.

A lot of the lyrics are right but those parts seem wrong.

To me, I hear him say "hall of the gilents." Haha. It makes more sense to me if he says "I crawl to the hall of the giants, and I beg for mercy, in vain." Like he's begging to the 'gods' but it does him no good. But yeah, that booklet is crazy. There's a part of me that thinks it would be cool if Anders would re-do the vocals to the old albums but exactly the way they were, just without any mispronunciations. Lol.

If you read the definition of pine, not related to the tree it makes perfect sense to be in the lyrics. Yet then again, his pronunciation is so god awful at times it could be pain...

I totally agree with you on the Resin part though. Doesn't sound at all like what the lyrics say.

I know that pine fits really well within the song, because he is pining to be himself; to be born finally. But I think pain makes more sense with him saying that he is "selling my soul." But either way, they both make a good deal of sense.

^ Yeah, I think it's "giants" too. He pronounces it like "schients" though.

I think that a mare is a female horse or something. I'm glad that Anders stopped writing about his bestiality fantasies.

Eh, fair enough. Sometimes I like it when lyrics are blunt like that. But what the fuck do I know. I think Bottled is a great song.

I like Bottled too, but you compare:

"I channel my pain through this, the paper, the pen, your eyes. To stare into what's next, it frightens me."

to..

"I feel like shit, but at least I feel something."

lol...Still much better.

^ Yeah, I think it's "giants" too. He pronounces it like "schients" though.

I think that a mare is a female horse or something. I'm glad that Anders stopped writing about his bestiality fantasies.

–noun Obsolete .
nightmare

Hahaha. But yeah, currently it means "a fully mature female horse or other equine animal."

I like Bottled too, but you compare:

"I channel my pain through this, the paper, the pen, your eyes. To stare into what's next, it frightens me."

to..

"I feel like shit, but at least I feel something."

lol...Still much better.

Are you saying the latter lyric is better than the former?

I don't know, I think it sounds like "heart of the silence" to me. Not so much in the first cohrus, but listen to the ones at the end of the song, you can hear the "t" sound a little more and silence is pronounced a little better. I think it's hard to do that sound when doing the guttural growls because you have to close your mouth more to get the "t", just try doing it yourself. That could be why he doesn't pronounce it fully in the song.

Genuine question: What about "Bottled" is good? To me it's one of the most boring, lumbering, sleep-inducing songs ever written. I've never been able to say a positive thing about it :D

Are you saying the latter lyric is better than the former?

The former.

Genuine question: What about "Bottled" is good? To me it's one of the most boring, lumbering, sleep-inducing songs ever written. I've never been able to say a positive thing about it :D

I've always liked it, the down-tempo pacing and all. I think the lyrics are good, and I like the vocal deliveries and such. It's not a great track by any means, but I do enjoy it. Nothing in particular that makes it good other than I enjoy it. There is irony is starting off a song with lyrics and vocals with the line "I don't really have anything to say".

Could have followed it up "But this is the last song!...Same tempo, same rhythm."

One, I love the lyrics; and I think Anders sings them with such emotion. Two, it doesn't put me to sleep. So, yeah, I like it a lot.

I found out about the bonus track from STYE the other day, Discover Me Like Emptiness. I think it's one of the better songs from the album to be honest.

Discover Me Like Emptiness is the best song from that recording, and it didn't even make the final album...

According to Anders though, it was supposed to be the closing track, but the record label made the pull to release as a bonus.

I really hate it when record companies pull that shit. Let the artist/band do what they want with the album. As long as you can fit it on a CD, you'll make plenty of money if it's worth a damn.