In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Yeah, they like to have the Japanese bonus tracks and all that for their special editions and stuff. It is a shame it didn't make the album, doesn't seem like that many people know about it.

Should be called "sounds of a great metal band gone pop" lol.

Blasphem-

tumblr_llu5zwpRll1qdfjyeo1_500.jpg

Everybody's got their own "pop threshold" when it comes to metal, I think. Hell, I know a guy who thinks they sold out with The Jester Race.

Also, "Bottled" kicks ass, what the hell. Now, "Like You Better Dead" is something I would argue against... :D

Everybody's got their own "pop threshold" when it comes to metal, I think. Hell, I know a guy who thinks they sold out with The Jester Race.:

There are people so entrenched in a certain sub-genre of metal, that they never dare step foot out of it. Some say they sold out here, or sold out there, depends on their tastes I guess.

I guess your range of diversity makes it easier and easier to accept when bands change. I like the entire In Flames catalog mostly because I listen to so many different things, I don't get shell shock. Granted if the last album was The Jester Race and they followed up with R2R, then it would be a shell shock. Yet with each album evolving more and more, it's been a gradual progression.

How can I lambast poppyness when I listen to Phil Collins? If I can have a playlist that goes Dark Tranquillity, Phil Collins, Satyricon, Genesis, Rotting Christ, Johnny Cash and then Hypocrisy, apparently I'm not too dead set on any specific sound.

I loved In Flames in 1999 when I first heard them, and I love them in 2011 even being so far removed from that sound. Same goes for a lot of bands I listen to. As long as the music still sounds inspired, I'm still interested.

I've always said that I love all of their songs. Really, all of them. This, no doubt, has been made possible by the fact that I was an angsty little teenager when I first discovered them. I can understand why people a little older than myself would feel differently about lyrics like "Take a knife and carve it in. I want to see your faults as a part of your pretty skin". I ate that shit up when I was demonizing some girl who broke up with me in grade 9. Listening to these songs over and over has just ingrained those songs in my head so deeply. It's love from repetition. What can I say?

I love Icescream too. The chorus is goofy but the song is still pretty bad ass.

If you'll excuse me, guys, I need to spit. Five dicks produce a dangerous amount of jizz.

In Flames was the first extreme metal band I ever heard, around 2003 I think it was. I was at my friend's house and his cousin had some songs on his computer, pretty sure the song we listened to was Clay Man, something off that album anyway. I hated to be honest, especially the vocals, we turned it off as soon as they started. Wasn't until early 2008 I started listening to metal and dicovered them again, except this time I loved them. :D Didn't really start at any particular album, but I remeber OFTW and December Flower being some of the first ones I heard.

Also, who's in that picture up there?

also, "I feel like shit but at least I feel something" is actually pretty optimistic to say, rofl.

In Flames was the first extreme metal band I ever heard, around 2003 I think it was. I was at my friend's house and his cousin had some songs on his computer, pretty sure the song we listened to was Clay Man, something off that album anyway. I hated to be honest, especially the vocals, we turned it off as soon as they started. Wasn't until early 2008 I started listening to metal and dicovered them again, except this time I loved them. :D Didn't really start at any particular album, but I remeber OFTW and December Flower being some of the first ones I heard.

The guy in the picture is bjorn, before he straps on his show beard... :)

IF can be hard to get into, yeah. Everyone I showed them to back when I first discovered them thought they sucked because it was "all screaming." These people had Slipknot in their CD players, though, so...

I remember I was watching Headbanger's Ball on MTV back in '04 with my brother, and we were waiting for a certain song to come on that we'd never seen the music video for (I think it was Chop Suey by SOAD). All of a sudden this other band came on, all wearing white jump suits, and much heavier than anything we'd heard at that point. Afterward I said to my brother "hey, look them up on Warez, that was actually really good. What was the band called? Cloud Connected? The song was called 'In Flames' I think..."

Found Cloud Connected, OFTW and My Sweet Shadow. Couple months later, we owned everything from Lunar Strain to STYE. I "met" Dark Tranquillity the same way, actually, when they premiered "Lost to Apathy" on the show. :D

That's Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse. Guy's insane, and the band is fantastic if you happen to be into indie-rock.