In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

it's SOOOOO funny how upset "fans" get. like seriously, music is not academic. it's not about being technical and whatnot, music is feelings. what's real fucked up, is that the "old fans" think their opinion is right no matter what. get a fucking life and stop thinking you're this "musical god" because of what you listen to, cause it doesnt matter at all. its so embarassing to constantly see people arguing over musical TASTE and OPINIONS. Love what you love, and fuck everything else. Just don't be a whiny bitch bout it.

Haha, Aegrimonia does seem opset. :)

C'mon guys, let's not do this all over again. We can't all agree. Someone loves Slipknot, someone hates it. Same with New and Old In Flames... :)

I just have to comment at this:

And the reason why the song structures have been simplified is because IF is now a live band, in the old days they were a studio band. That's why they could go into the studio and do all this creative shit, at least that is what they've said themselves. Nowadays they create the songs for being played live. I mean, in TJR, there's like, 4-5 guitar tracks at the same time or something in some songs?

I really don't understand how is a harmonized guitar studio stuff... But 15 layers of electro stuff, 12 vocal harmonies, combined layers of screams, growls, whiny stuff, cleans etc is somehow "live" music.

So why don't they play something like Soulfly? A lot of jumping, short simple songs, one chugging riff that goes on and on... Would that be OK because its "live" music?

And the reason why the song structures have been simplified is because IF is now a live band, in the old days they were a studio band.

What the hell have song structures to do with anything? I see why they cant use 5 guitars in songs anymore, but honestly, what is stopping them from using something other than verse/bridge/verse/chorus/little interlude/4 bar long harmonized solo/chorus structure?

You are mixing song structure with arrangements.

it's SOOOOO funny how upset "fans" get. like seriously, music is not academic. it's not about being technical and whatnot, music is feelings. what's real fucked up, is that the "old fans" think their opinion is right no matter what. get a fucking life and stop thinking you're this "musical god" because of what you listen to, cause it doesnt matter at all. its so embarassing to constantly see people arguing over musical TASTE and OPINIONS. Love what you love, and fuck everything else. Just don't be a whiny bitch bout it.

It was just a debate with a little aggression on opinion, no one's whining about anything. Beside YOU lol. Oh the irony.

You're getting offensive over nothing bro :Spin:

I agree with Kake21.
After all, this IS an In Flames forum and we're supposed to be talking about "opinions", album facts, songs and what not, so everytime I see someone arguing about new and old material it just makes me laugh, especially cause there's always gonna be somebody with a different opinion (OBVIOUSLY).

But anyways, I think the way the band's goin' (aside from ASOP) is pretty well. Sure it's not Colony nor Whoracle or the rest, heck not even R2R or STYE. But it's In Flames and whenever I hear something from those m***** f****** it just makes me wanna headbang SSOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHH!

So yeah...

butterscotch my balls :loco:

seriously guys STOP with all other unnecessary topics:bah:,i would like to concentrate more on getting new songs as now we have these 3:D:D:D

seriously guys STOP with all other unnecessary topics:bah:,i would like to concentrate more on getting new songs as now we have these 3:D:D:D

don't worry dude, even though we are waiting impatiently for more songs, it would kill the surprise if we were to get the songs before the release date. I think 3 songs is more than enough to keep us busy. :loco: but yeah we all want more news, reviews, episodes and what not.

:yow: can't wait

In Flames = :hotjump: / :devil:

So...if you go back a page...I never ATTACKED anyone for their opinions with my first post when I compared the old to the new and shared my thoughts about it. I didn't get in here and yell "YOU ARE ALL STUPID YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!" or anything like that. Then, all of a sudden, Krofius wrote how he hates when people complain about the new stuff and such things and said that many do that because of nostalgia and whatnot, and then I defended my opinion and he defended his, with, as Kake21 said, some aggression put to it from both sides.

So, in what way did I get in here and claim myself to be a musical god who does not allow any different opinion? I simply said my opinion on In Flames, no fucking harm done, and after that post I felt somewhat insulted by Krofius' post.

What the hell have song structures to do with anything? I see why they cant use 5 guitars in songs anymore, but honestly, what is stopping them from using something other than verse/bridge/verse/chorus/little interlude/4 bar long harmonized solo/chorus structure?

You are mixing song structure with arrangements.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you!

this riff sounds pretty sick. i'm looking forward to this track and the puzzle... and the attic, actually. sorry for the double post. i'm getting my IF nerd on. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying my best not to listen to A New Dawn...

I want to be able to listen to the full quality version and get my mind blown away. So here's me hoping that no more songs will be leaked unless it's in high quality or else it'll ruin the experience.

So I'm loving "A New Dawn" as much as everyone else, but there's one part that bugs me. That second line, "I'm Forever Alone" keeps reminding me of this:
forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png