In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I really liked Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death. Final Frontier and Dance of Death are not that good IMO.

I on the other hand LOVE Brave New World... one of their best albums imo. Dance Of Death was a little worse but still great. AMOFAD was not bad, but boring for me, same with FF

I'm not trolling, and don't laugh at my opinion please. In the end, St. Anger is still miles better than all the shit that's released nowdays.

The last 2-3 releases of the following bands are all miles better than St. Anger:
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Rush
Ozzy
Nine Inch Nails
AC/DC
Symphony X
Mushroomhead
Stratovarious
Children Of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Helloween
Arch Enemy
DevilDriver
Avenged Sevenfold
Blind Guardian
As I Lay Dying
Lamb Of God
Scorpions
Bullet For My Valentine
Deftones
Thrice
Judas Priest
Gojira

No offense, but you just named several bands that I really don't like. Especially Bullet For My Valentine.

The last 2-3 releases of the following bands are all miles better than St. Anger:
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Rush
Ozzy
Nine Inch Nails
AC/DC
Symphony X
Mushroomhead
Stratovarious
Children Of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Helloween
Arch Enemy
DevilDriver
Avenged Sevenfold
Blind Guardian
As I Lay Dying
Lamb Of God
Scorpions
Bullet For My Valentine
Deftones
Thrice
Judas Priest
Gojira

:D

Iron Maiden
Slayer
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Rush
Ozzy
Nine Inch Nails
AC/DC
Symphony X
Mushroomhead
Stratovarious
Children Of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Helloween
Arch Enemy
DevilDriver
Avenged Sevenfold
Blind Guardian
As I Lay Dying
Lamb Of God
Scorpions
Bullet For My Valentine
Deftones
Thrice
Judas Priest
Gojira

I think we should really talk about beardcocks.

Mushroomhead, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Dimmu Borgir = shit for teenagers

And that's mainly the type of bands I meant, the mallcore crap thats everywhere nowdays, these bands are perfect example of it, it's like fast food of music.

On the other bands I could go on, but you kinda made this list out of your ass, you cant compare classics like ozzy or rush to metallica... and st. anger is from 2003 so saying "2-3" last releases is not really fair, anyway I meant the thing above :D

...and overall, too much different types of music, vibes, feelings. Pointless debate :p My main point was that St. Anger is not that bad as people say it is ;)

I am assuming Fonzbear is only naming them to compare to St Anger. Not a huge fan of the inside of a trashcan drum sound they had on that one. Load was interesting, Reload seemed like it was just leftovers, and anything after that cover album didn't hold my attention.

Now, as far as IF go... I just drove 6 hours from CA, listening to a large amount of In Flames, and I can say that you KNOW it is an In Flames song as soon as Anders' parts come in. No one that I am aware of has that distinction.

@ A88 I agree with you whole heartedly that when synths are either overused or misused it can break a track.
OFTW=Amazing for me
Dead/Alone=Just under awesome for me. A lot of it relied on Synths too much and drowned out a possible guitar beauty.

My main point was that St. Anger is not that bad as people say it is ;)

I agree. I like it, but I don't think it's great. It's also the only Metallica album I can easily joke about as being shitty even though I don't really dislike it. As for Death Magnetic, I love it but the big thing I don't like is the sound of the drums. I can't listen to it on my iPod because of the sound of the drums, but on a stereo, it's better.

Death Magnetic had some really catchy guitar work on it, such as Broken Beat and Scarred. Lars has never really been an outstanding drummer, so I didn't expect much out of that, but the sound is a bit grating on headphones.

...now back to IF. I am very pleased that Daniel got a chance to browse several pieces to use for the recording of SOAPF. That makes the album sound very new. Just hearing Deliver Us, I knew it would be a good drum sound all around.

The Jester's Door lyrics :

I say goodbye to you all at once
Don’t dare to face you all alone
I went from wreckage to world class
With a box of T-shirts and some records to sell
But times have changed
I have to defend my actions
The foundation crumbles and I have to leave
Thanks for everything
I couldn’t ask for more
I say “I love you all” as I vanish through the Jester’s door

It's half awesome how reviewers always make sure to misunderstand these lyrics. Anders wrote it, but it's not Anders talking here, it's Jesper, leaving the band through the Jester's door.

Wow... that's actually some pretty deep stuff there. I think I will give a good listen to his upstart band with Marco Aro (sounds interesting), but it is such a shame he had to depart like this. Seeing what he has made change so much and leaving for the principle of it.

The Jester's Door lyrics :

I say goodbye to you all at once
Don’t dare to face you all alone
I went from wreckage to world class
With a box of T-shirts and some records to sell
But times have changed
I have to defend my actions
The foundation crumbles and I have to leave
Thanks for everything
I couldn’t ask for more
I say “I love you all” as I vanish through the Jester’s door

It's half awesome how reviewers always make sure to misunderstand these lyrics. Anders wrote it, but it's not Anders talking here, it's Jesper, leaving the band through the Jester's door.

That makes a shitload of sense. Good call. And another cool review that makes me almost explode in anticipation. :yow: