In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

And it's not like IF write some depressing music. It's usually uplifting tunes. So we have short uplifting tune with middle-aged guy from Sweden whining teen emo lyrics... I can see why do people call them sellouts. :D

Lol :D yeah. "Pleaaaseee, please heal meee, i can't sleeep" take a night nurse then you dickhead and start writing good lyrics again :D

1996:
I'm the moonshield

2006:
I'm the Highway

I blame global warming! :)

@JesterScript

Wow, now that's some mean hair.

and LOL the crowd is not moving... Fuck it, he should ask the guys to do Delight and Angers (ver 1992.)!

Just imagine:

Anders on stage, screaming Skywaaards! And down in the crowd, silent blonde dude watches and thinks: "Wow, this guy is awesome! I should dump Mikael. Yeah he's a friend, but he does look a bit gothic. God knows what whiny fucker will he turn out to be in a few years. This Anders guy is a true metalhead, just look at him..." Interrupting young mans thoughts, tall handsome guy approaches. He looks like he could grow an AWESOME beard... "Hi man, heard you got a new band... and I'm a drummer I guess. Well, I also play guitar. Let's grab a beer and talk about it". "Nah, I don't drink!" replies blond man, but still takes beer as his new friend says "C'mon, it's just one beer dude..."

The rest is history!

after a lot of listens.. I think SOAPF is OK... not that good that I expected... Maybe without leaks before the whole leak it would be different... its like listen ASOP after listened TMT songs (but in a better way)

It exceeded my expectations in different ways.

After a better listen through the album, I can safely say that it can't be compared to their other stuff. Personally I like it, but it's such a diverse album - it's good on its own but when I think that In Flames produced it, it's a bit weird.

The album as I've said is pretty diverse, a little too much for my liking. Overall the tracks are solid, but there's a few songs that feel out of place, Liberation to name one. Then there's a very, heavy old-school IF-like song - A New Dawn. WTF? There's too much of a contrast if you ask me.

I've not gotten familiar with all the songs yet but I'm certain that overtime I'll grow to like this album a lot more.

Still, it's exceeded my expectation. It's more a 'full' album when you compare it to ASOP. I'd rate this a 8/10 right now and I just gotta say that Bjorn did very well with the riffs and stuff and Anders kinda nailed it when it comes to cleans. I still wished that he used A New Dawn vocals for most of the songs but whatever.

Am I the only one who liked STYE ? :err: Atm Darker Times is only song i want to skip. P.S The Puzzle with every listen seems better :)
No, I do, my favorites are My Sweet Shadow and Evil In A Closet, the rest are pretty good songs, except Bottled, just never felt it, although the chorus is quite good. I actually like Darker Times, the chorus reminds me a bit of Leeches, the only thing I find annoying is the "I HAVE A BETTER PLAN" x 3.
It's like "Ok... you've only said plan like 17 times. XD But seriously it's annoying. The Puzzle is a good song, the verse drives me crazy (In a good way), and the chorus gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

I think In Flames has achieved something pretty well with this album, a new genre where they can create new material.

P.S. : I like Ropes too much, I can't stop listening to it. As well as Liberation & Where The Dead Ships Dwell. I like A New Dawn but not as much as everybody says. I'd give it an 8 while Ropes IMO would be given a 9.

Don't troll on me, this is just my opinion. XD

IFWT! :devil:

No, I do, my favorites are My Sweet Shadow and Evil In A Closet, the rest are pretty good songs, except Bottled, just never felt it, although the chorus is quite good. I actually like Darker Times, the chorus reminds me a bit of Leeches, the only thing I find annoying is the "I HAVE A BETTER PLAN" x 3.
It's like "Ok... you've only said plan like 17 times. XD But seriously it's annoying. The Puzzle is a good song, the verse drives me crazy (In a good way), and the chorus gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

I think In Flames has achieved something pretty well with this album, a new genre where they can create new material.

P.S. : I like Ropes too much, I can't stop listening to it. As well as Liberation & Where The Dead Ships Dwell. I like A New Dawn but not as much as everybody says. I'd give it an 8 while Ropes IMO would be given a 9.

Don't troll on me, this is just my opinion. XD

IFWT! :devil:

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!

only kidding bro :D

I'm struggling to get into Ropes. I love the guitar sound, there's just something about it that doesn't work for me at the moment. I can't really put my finger on it. I feel like i should like it, but...

I think this album reflects their whole career pretty good. This album is just as diverse as their career and their music. I've listen to it a couple of times now and it was over my expectations, I thought they were going to follow the path of ASOP but with an even more flat and to me uninspired sound. This was not the case and that I am glad for. This album enriches their music catalogue and that's great. There are great songs and songs that I like a bit less but that's the case on every album by every artist. I wont rate it, I find it to difficult like with every In Flames album. I'm just happy that I've got so much diverse music from one single artist. Great job In Flames!

i agree with hans that anders cant really sing. im a vocalist as well and its pretty obvious that his approach is very 'throaty' (which typically is not a good thing). i mean he makes it work well enough, but a trained vocalist could have blew this shit out of the water in the clean singing department. so it seems they want clean vocals overall, but really its not anders strong suit. the lyrics are pretty bad too but its supposed to be 'metal' so you cant really fault him. ive read way worse lyrics from bands that go by unnoticed just because you cant understand what they are saying. at least here anders has the balls to let you know exactly what he is saying, ill give him that. at least hes trying. he could have just growled and screamed over everything and said bullshit and people probably would have loved it, but he is trying to better himself as a musician/vocalist i think. he is getting better, just not fully there.

i will say that the songs are arranged in a way to where clearly bjorn intended on him doing clean vocals on certain parts, so it may not be fully anders fault. some of these riffs if he did growling vocals over would have sounded ridiculous because the music is softer/toned down during those parts (the verses on some of the songs for instance). like on 'ropes', if he did growling vocals fully during the verses, that would have sounded terrible, because its clearly arranged for clean vocals.

I'm shocked to see the low ratings of Jesters Door. Honestly for me added another dimension to A New Dawn. It was a really sincere farewell departure to the founder of this band, then blazing right out of the gates was the most old school track they have done in ages. Just my opinion though....:D

Studio Episode 5 is really cool! Most of the episode revolves around the orchestra part in A New Dawn, then there's some played by Björn also.

Anyone else notice the similarity between Swim and Ropes?

How can I not notice it especially on the intro riff, the verse riff it's like the Drenched in Fear verse riff but with the clean vocals it gives a more real and fuller sound I think.

@ Krofius: They'll release it tomorrow, right? Can't wait. But do you actually see artists playing orchestral instruments or is it a keyboard? Just asking.

Anyways, it's an IF episode so there's gotta be something worth watching.

What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? What are you longing for? I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN I HAVE A BETTER PLAN

I've got Where the Dead Ships Dwell For The Most Part:
The picture slowly fades
the walls are closing in
and there i was, cursing the ground, unable to understand

I wont' let the world break me, so i need to change direction
nothing special and far from perfect
light the way for me
I won't say, i'm sorry, i got i what i deserve

i feel i was running an endless mile
?(the last out, i'm burnt) and i'm dying inside
all this will turn to ash, in exchange for a peace of mind

walking where the dead ships dwell
These are shores i left behind
streets are getting smaller
and i had to leave

feel i was running an endless mile
last out i'm burnt and im dying
inside all this will turn to ash, in exchange of peace of mind

all hear is noise
parts of walls?
guess i took it for granted
i know i went too far
i wont say im sorry
i got what i deserve
i got what i deserve

feel i was running an endless mile
last out i'm burnt and im dying
inside all this will turn to ash, in exchange of peace of mind.

How can I not notice it especially on the intro riff, the verse riff it's like the Drenched in Fear verse riff but with the clean vocals it gives a more real and fuller sound I think.

@ Krofius: They'll release it tomorrow, right? Can't wait. But do you actually see artists playing orchestral instruments or is it a keyboard? Just asking.

Anyways, it's an IF episode so there's gotta be something worth watching.
There's like an mini orchestra of 5 people. You can see them playing most of the mid section part. The best thing is like the in the song at 3:20 when Anders comes in again, you hear that part but without vocals and Björn sitting there just so pleased with it, so it seems at least.

The Attic:
There's someone in the Attic
building a strange machine
never really seen him
but i think he works all day
blinded by the world outside
i stay inside

help me know my name.(?)
but its getting better by time.

I saw something in the mirror
someones watching me
if i hide up in the attic
it will never get to me
i found some rope on the floor
i have to build a trap
so i start on my machine
i am never to be seen

i think this song is a brilliant interlude, just like the jester's door is.

:) hey guys, how is the album?

Actually, i've read every scoring everone has gave the album and died a little inside after reading each one :(

It'll be pointless me giving ratings out of 10, because i'd probably give most songs 10/10 (as i do with most of my favourite bands). :loco: The thing is- i wouldn't listen to the music if it didn't make me tick and want to listen to it again. When i start to think "I'd give this track a 6/10", i begin to wonder why i'd listen to it ever again. Oh wait :wave: that happened with ASOP didn't it? Hahah!

Where the fuck is studio diary #5 anyway? I don't even remember watching the fourth one :guh: as much as i don't want to hear the new tracks yet, i want to see the recording to the string parts of A New Dawn.

And what the hell are people talking about- Anders has gone downhill? I can't fuckin' stand his early vocals. Colony is alright, but i really dislike Whoracle's vocals. P'raps i'm not enough of a death metal fan. :)

Okay, after listening to this song obsessively and pounding it into my brain, this album is deep. It doesn't get boring after a few listens. The diversity on this album is incredible and if they continue to work on this ideology, they'll really have something. After the last two albums that I liked, but not very much, this is an absolute breath of fresh air.