In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

girlflames.jpg
I think that girl wants Anders's mic in her mouth :D

I have no idea why people say that modern In Flames starts with Reroute to Remain, when they start to change their style mostly in Clayman.. the heavy use of clean vocals, the less brutality and overall more melody.. yes it's in the same studio/producer area, and they change all that with RtR but they start a dramatic change with Clayman... which is far far far far far far far far from a great album... overproduced vocals, half of which are only really quite whispers...

Reroute is definitely where the change started, STYE is where it took it full throttle.

Clayman didn't really do a whole lot different to Colony... the overall sound is a little bit lighter and the vocals aren't as good, but as far as vocal & instrumental techniques, song structures, lyrics and production go it's all very similar.

Contrast with R2R which introduced clean-sung chorus's, chugga-chugga nu-metal riffs, muddy production, vocal melodies dominating the guitars and simple lyrics ... all stuff which wasn't on Clayman.

As Clay-Man said... it started with R2R and went into overdrive on STYE.

Like Anders said in recent interview - he have had to defend all albums. Always there was question "Why it's softer, different etc." For me TJR, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman - gloden era where they developed their sound to pure melo death. Bu really imo TJR and Clayman musically are two different albums. But with R2R they started to experiment hard.

God. In Flames "fans" will never cease to be a whining bunch of assholes. The discussion hasn't changed since Clayman came out over a fucking decade ago.

God. In Flames "fans" will never cease to be a whining bunch of assholes. The discussion hasn't changed since Clayman came out over a fucking decade ago.
Quoted for absolute, definite truth. In Flames "fans" are the most retarded fans in the whole genre of metal, seriously.

Quoted for absolute, definite truth. In Flames "fans" are the most retarded fans in the whole genre of metal, seriously.

What a couple of tools you two are... "seriously" :D

If it makes you so butthurt to read opinions that aren't full of praise for the mighty In Flames go back to fucking Jesterhead and leave the real discussion to the people here. In the words of Gizmo..

Thanks!

Bye!

What a couple of tools you two are... "seriously" :D

If it makes you so butthurt to read opinions that aren't full of praise for the mighty In Flames go back to fucking Jesterhead and leave the real discussion to the people here. In the words of Gizmo..

Thanks!

Bye!
I was referring to all In Flames fans, Old & New, constantly with mindless and useless arguing.

I was referring to all In Flames fans, Old & New, constantly with mindless and useless arguing.

I don't see any mindless and useless arguing here, though? I see a lot of good discussion - and there has been throughout the whole of the buildup to the album launch - everybody has respected each other's opinions and given their own. It's been good. So why are you and the other guy leaving snide comments like that? It's pathetic comments like that which lead to arguments.

This has been a pretty good place to be for In Flames discussion over the past few weeks and I'd rather you didn't ruin it with shitty comments like that. You should know better as well, since you've been a member of this board a while.

Well, it is called UM In Flames FORUM (as: place where people from around the world gather and exchange opinions about stuff)...

We are IF fans after all, ergo we do have strong opinions. If I didn't give a fuck about the band and their music, I wouldn't be arguing here, now would I?

And I think we've been quite polite and humorous all this time, so I don't really see the problem. Stop bitching and enjoy while it lasts.

@Clay-Man

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It's somewhere between DT and Swim.

I don't see any mindless and useless arguing here, though? I see a lot of good discussion - and there has been throughout the whole of the buildup to the album launch - everybody has respected each other's opinions and given their own. It's been good. So why are you and the other guy leaving snide comments like that? It's pathetic comments like that which lead to arguments.

This has been a pretty good place to be for In Flames discussion over the past few weeks and I'd rather you didn't ruin it with shitty comments like that. You should know better as well, since you've been a member of this board a while.
I was referring to In Flames fans in general, not the people on this forum. I know that this forum has been awesome the last weeks, unlike a year ago when it was shit.

Laughing out loud. If we are sharing our opinions about past albums, comparing them with new material, discussing album strengths, weaknesses - THATS WHINING and we are retarded? :D Then why the f*ck we need this forum? Edit: krofius maybe you were referring to In Flames fans in general but Final_Version were referring to us that we are included in retarded fan part.

I was referring to In Flames fans in general, not the people on this forum. I know that this forum has been awesome the last weeks, unlike a year ago when it was shit.

That may be the case, but Final_Vision was talking about the people on this forum and you quoted and agreed with him so obviously your comments are going to look like they're directed at us. Think before you type or I'm going to come around and slap you upside your head :D

I don't hear much DT in Ropes to be honest... I still can't really get into it. On the other hand, I heard Insomnium Weather the Storm feat. Stanne the other day and that's a fucking old school DT track right there :D

Seriously though
I have a better plan,
I - have - a - bet - ter - plan
I have a better PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Haha. I feel bad for sucking Krofius into that post. In retrospect, this doesn't seem to apply to you guys. I've just listened to the album a few times (I enjoy it) and I've been reading shite comments on blabbermouth.net and youtube (and then some guy called "Jester's Door" pointless filler - good job at missing the point) that are way overly critical and downright douche-y. Even if this doesn't apply to you guys, it's hard to deny that on the whole people have been bitching about In Flames with every new album.

Sorry for being a dick. You guys are A-OK.