In Flames - Sountrack to Your Escape . . . a five point inspection.

Papa Josh said:
All of this coming from someone who at one time hailed Opeth, loved everything Gothenburg, and has confessed to hailing Petra. :Smug:
I still hail Opeth. Their first three albums are great.

Dark Tranquillity and early In Flames hardly encapsulate all that is Gothenburg.

As for hailing Petra, I was 12. Sue me.

Wake up, The Great Deceiver (ironically named, since they seem so great at deceiving you into thinking that they're actually worth a shit) suck cock and balls, Lamb Of God smotes them with As The Palaces Burn.
I like TGD. They aren't close to being the best, but they keep things interesting, which is more than I can say for Lamb of God.

And while I'm at it, what in the hell is up with you and npearce's undying love for Khanate? What a joke.... pure drivel.
I've never bought a Khanate album. In fact after the mp3 I heard of that band, I never wanted to listen to them again. I don't know where you got the idea I liked them.

And while I'm at it, get some new material. Whenever I have something negative to say about a band you might like, your only comeback is "LOLERZ you like Petra" or "You used to like Opeth OMG". Just put it in your signature and be done with it, so you won't have to type it out every time you feel the need to attempt to insult me.

Papa Josh: Why this sudden hatred for Khanate? What does that have to do with anything. J. has NEVER professed any sort of liking for Khanate. I love them, though. If you have a problem with that, suck it!

Black Winter Day said:
khanate fans: me, NAD, Nate

i can't think of any others offhand. jaykeeley, maybe?
Yes, I have the debut. A CD-R that 'Nate the Great' sent me. I wrote something about it on the forum that Nathan appreciated, in which thread I have no idea...?

JayKeeley said:
You have to have passed a certain barrier in life to be able to absorb it. It's at the end of the spectrum. Kind of like what I said in the Thorr's Hammer write up, Khanate is your soundtrack to running into a hailstorm of bullets. A blitzkrieg.

For some reason, I think these are the sounds that were going through soldiers minds and emotions before they came out of their trenches to meet their doom.

Or you know when you've drunk too much beer, and the roller coaster effect starts to take effect, and you fight the urge to puke, but no matter what you do, it just gets worse. And the more you think about it, the worse it becomes?

That's where Khanate takes me. Puke and death. No specific analogy to wartime really, I just think the same would apply to anyone who's about to snuff it or regurgitate their lunch.

J. said:
And while I'm at it, get some new material. Whenever I have something negative to say about a band you might like, your only comeback is "LOLERZ you like Petra" or "You used to like Opeth OMG". Just put it in your signature and be done with it, so you won't have to type it out every time you feel the need to attempt to insult me.

I didn't realize I was "insulting" you.. :tickled:

Hell, I listened to Stryper... but I gotta say Stryper = :headbang: Petra = :ill: :puke: :lol:

I don't see how "you used to like Opeth OMG" is an insult, I love Opeth, own and enjoy every album to different degrees and that's all there is to say about that. You want new material? How about some of this salty, jizz wizz material, right in ya' mouth?!? :D

And I'm only referring to your love of Gothenburg as I remember it; being a record store manager that supplied you with a bit of your metal at one point in your life. You, like most other people, enjoyed the "new" sound immensely and were looking to hear all kinds...

So, I guess it puzzles me, when I hear you come off sort of "elitist" on here, and so I feel it necessary to call you out and proverbially put you in your place.

If you can't take the ribbing, step out of the RC kitchen.

Fair enough. And I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

I can take anything you people can dish out.

But I can't help it if I sound elitist, because in some ways I am.

Khanate fucking slays!!!!!!!!

Off topic:

NATE BY PAT METHENY DVD! I WATCHED IT AND IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE.......EVER! Totally awesome.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Khanate fucking slays!!!!!!!!

Off topic:

NATE BY PAT METHENY DVD! I WATCHED IT AND IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE.......EVER! Totally awesome.
Cool . . . I'll go look for it.

I saw Bill Frisell the other night, and he blew me away. Totally brilliant on the guitar. He uses effects and volume better than anybody in metal ever dreamed of.