In lingua mortua

Shining starless

New Metal Member
May 27, 2006
Great band, i don't know if it is signed to a lable yet, i've listened to three songs on their myspace site and it's really good (symhonic black with progressive tendencies, long songs). I think the guy who does keyboards in Wobbler and White willow is responsible for writing music.

http://www.myspace.com/inlinguamortua

id really like to say that this band is good, but i cant. i love wobbler, i think wobbler is easily one of the best classic vein progressive acts to come out of the scene in a long while. however this...is horrid. ive never heard such a hodgepodge of cliched "symphonic" blackmetal, with such an undeveloped attempt to make it creative and interesting using classic progressive rock "splashes". unfocused, overbearing, meandering slop. what a fuckin pity.

well, i don't think it's that horrid. in fact i must admit i don't listen to black metal very often mostly because i don't like it. So i don't know what cliche black would sound. But i liked this, however it might sound a little unfocused but hey it's their first album. They can fix it. I love the mellotron use. I don't see much metal bands using it. And adore woobler too. We'll see what will happen with this band. I hope all the best.

it's strange that they took their name from a part of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition - cum mortius in lingua mortua ('with the dead in the language of the dead'). - i am kind of guessing this of course, didn't check the band site - excellent part of the Pictures, by the way, especially in the original piano version. best recording i know of this part is by alexis weissenberg.

Opethian666 said:
This isn't horrid at all NFU, get your head out of your ass.

lol, coming from you. Amon Amarth is plenty enough for horrible, viking garbage. we dont need other bands ripping them off.

what happens when you make a photo copy of a paper? then make a photo copy of a photo copy? then a photo copy of that photo copy? exactly. YOU get your head out of YOUR ass, clown. buy some taste.

lol, coming from you. Amon Amarth is plenty enough for horrible, viking garbage. we dont need other bands ripping them off.

what happens when you make a photo copy of a paper? then make a photo copy of a photo copy? then a photo copy of that photo copy? exactly. YOU get your head out of YOUR ass, clown. buy some taste.

Taste can't be bought, and taste is subjective. As for this music, ok if you don't like them, you can call it below average or unoriginal, but you can't call it horrible because it isn't. Horrible is Britney Spears, and this isn't Britney Spears. You often make some good suggestions but you are a bit too fast at using extremely pejorative terms to label certain bands that do not satisfy your extremely high demands. That's all I was saying, no need for a flamefest, although I would always take your ass on for a BATTLE. Lmao whoever posted that battle thing first is a retard.

Opethian666 said:
Taste can't be bought, and taste is subjective. As for this music, ok if you don't like them, you can call it below average or unoriginal, but you can't call it horrible because it isn't. Horrible is Britney Spears, and this isn't Britney Spears. You often make some good suggestions but you are a bit too fast at using extremely pejorative terms to label certain bands that do not satisfy your extremely high demands. That's all I was saying, no need for a flamefest, although I would always take your ass on for a BATTLE. Lmao whoever posted that battle thing first is a retard.

moonsorrow is horrible. britney spears isnt even relevant to anything for me.

moonsorrow is horrible. britney spears isnt even relevant to anything for me.

I'm afraid I haven't heard moonsorrow so I can't calibrate my awesome/horribleness-meter to your specifications. What I think your problem in communicating with other people as to music taste, is that you have been exposed to a much more varied and dense musical spectrum than the average person, so much more music will seem bland and unoriginal to you, even though it may seem completely different to other persons.

Opethian666 said:
I'm afraid I haven't heard moonsorrow so I can't calibrate my awesome/horribleness-meter to your specifications. What I think your problem in communicating with other people as to music taste, is that you have been exposed to a much more varied and dense musical spectrum than the average person, so much more music will seem bland and unoriginal to you, even though it may seem completely different to other persons.

hrm. yea...i guess youre right afterall. im more educated, versed, worldly, knowledgable and frankly...superior in just about every way.

no need for a flamefest indeed. i think we both agree here.

hrm. yea...i guess youre right afterall. im more educated, versed, worldly, knowledge and frankly...superior in just about every way.

no need for a flamefest indeed. i think we both agree here.

Lmao! :lol:

Opethian666 said:

That's the worst retort ive ever seen. It is interesting the way you set up your "nfu has much better taste than me" argument, but i can't help but wonder where you meant to go from here?

That's the worst retort ive ever seen. It is interesting the way you set up your "nfu has much better taste than me" argument, but i can't help but wonder where you meant to go from here?

I tracked his ip, hacked his pc to find his location and am on a plane right now (with a laptop obviously) in preparation of whacking a shovel against his head.
Seriously, what's with all the "I have to be right and you have to be wrong" bullshit. I wouldn't care less if I lost a musical discussion with anyone on this forum because I know I'm smarter than 99,99...9% of all of you one here, and I do not have a sense of arrogance or pride to sustain since I do not believe in fairy tales like free will and some people being superior to others by the "choices" they make, the things they say, the actions they take or other crap like that.
I also didn't ever say that nfu has better taste than me, I just said he has probably listened to a whole lot more music than me which can make seem things I find original or interesting seem bland or unoriginal to him. That doesn't make his taste in any way superior to mine.
Btw I'm better at hitting things with shovels and that's all a man needs.
Btw some of you people need to look up the word sarcasm in a dictionary.

Opethian666 said:
I do not believe in fairy tales like free will

oh its quite real my friend
0790719029.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Opethian666 said:
because I know I'm smarter than 99,99...9% of all of you on here, and I do not have a sense of arrogance or pride to sustain

Something is not right with this sentence, but i can't quite put my finger on it...

Careful with the shovel idea....nfu knows arnie remember. You don't wanna be starting something you can't end.

ps. it's not that one person has to be right. It's just that generally one person pretty obviously is. And that person is me :headbang: