In need of extra ears

Hello folks!

Van Gogh could have written the same topic, but it's actually me again with my crappy pod xt and ltd viper 100. :) I have this setup for 9 years, and probably this is the first time I actually like the guitar sound. I know it could be better, but I think it's decent anyways.
What do you guys think? Any idea on the mix is welcomed! The song itself is a work in progress, just a rough skeleton.

thanks for your time and all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello folks!

Van Gogh could have written the same topic, but it's actually me again with my crappy pod xt and ltd viper 100. :) I have this setup for 9 years, and probably this is the first time I actually like the guitar sound. I know it could be better, but I think it's decent anyways.
What do you guys think? Any idea on the mix is welcomed! The song itself is a work in progress, just a rough skeleton.

thanks for your time and all!

Man, this intro is great! The guitar tone is nice, but when the lead guitar comes in the mix becomes a little messy. I think it would be nice if you could bring more separation between the rythms and the lead guitars.

I just dont know how hehehe I am a beginner :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to work on the mastering a bit. The pumping is quite noticeable during that heavy riff with the toms. The dynamic shift is also lost due to this in the intro.
The lead guitars and ambient guitars are too similar to the rhythm guitar, especially noticeable in those solos. Making them more mid focused with other amps/cab will help with the clarity as well.
Sounds pretty good otherwise, much better than I remember.

I agree with the advice regarding rhythm guitars: you may just change their tone (something more wide spectral-wise, with less low-mids/mids) in order to make the mix sound more transparent.
Otherwise, cool mix and song! :kickass:

Also, I'd recommend something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDcPeFJQGzw
as a reference tone (kinda different genre, but the overall sounding might be very suitable, IMO).