In search of a NEW guitar!

I think the reason you dont see that many Jacksons is because Ibby and Esp hand out endorsements like candy. Jackson does not, at least not anymore.They really dont have too, everyone knows Jacksons rep:headbang:

It's the playing that gets you "taken seriously", not the gear. Not to mention the majority of the thread before you posted was about Jacksons. That would mean Randy Rhoades, Rob Cavestany, Dave Mustaine just to name a few weren't taken seriously because they play jackson. guitars are a very personal thing and I couldn't name but a handful of great guitarists that play caparisons and could name millions who don't.

In fact I'll be bold enough to say that 90% of the most elite "shredders" play Ibanez, or Dean (now).

Beautiful post :kickass:

You HAVE to find what YOU are most comfortable with! Money or other people shouldn't influence your decision to buy a guitar that you like to play :D And yeah, EVH got the sickest tone ever from a Charvel scrap wood pile for 50$

Believe me man, no will ever influence me enough to buy a guitar without my own stamp of approval on the thing ;) I like hearing suggestions/feedback from people so that I can see whether I agree or not and ultimately pick what works best for me. Sometimes you don't always have the luxury of trying out everything, so I find people's input helpful but not always final. Good point man!

According to the former marketing manager from Jackson, they use lightweight mahogany, which is just the usual mahogany wood but cut from trees farther away from the water (rivers etc.), haha. :D

Actually the biggest reason I don't like floyds is because the recessed floyds feel uncomfortable to me, as the bridge is too close to the body. Which puts my picking hand into uncomfortable angle.
My buddy owns a Charvel 750XL which has a non-recessed floyd and I can play it just fine. Still got the hassle that comes with it but at least I can play it without problems. :)

The import Kelly models indeed have the typical neckdive problem. It's not as bad with the KE2 as it is neckthru and the strap button is right in the middle of the neckjoint. Some KE2s aren't neckheavy at all, some are kind of, probably depends on the individual weight of the body.
You can remedy the problem on import bolt-on models by relocation the strap button to one of the neck screws. If that doesn't solve it, put the strap over the front of the body... granted, that doesn't look as cool. :lol:

I once tried some Caparisons, very nice and inspiring guitars and the TAT3 (or whatever it was called) even had a non-recessed floyd. But for the price they come at, I would just get a USA Jackson and be done with it. ;)

Good luck with your choice!

Haha You're the man for Jackson Guitars on here! Yeah, I don't think I would be putting any strap buttons on the front of my guitar! :erk: I really want to get a high crafted guitar that will last me years and years to come (if I'm still alive!). Thanks for your help and luck! Take care! :kickass:

Solution for guitars with Floyds: Tremol-No. Hard-tail that motherfucker.

~006

Wow, never heard of that thing until just now... That's actually pretty bad ass man. I'll have to look more into it. Thanks for the tip!

I think the reason you dont see that many Jacksons is because Ibby and Esp hand out endorsements like candy. Jackson does not, at least not anymore.They really dont have too, everyone knows Jacksons rep:headbang:

Damn endorsements! :p

reason being majority of guitarists dont know caparison guitars - being only a japanese company not in the industry very long and being quite elite on who they choose to sell their guitars. yet ive played through several caparisons and personally they destroy any guitar out there for neck comfort, electronics and image.

when it comes to that evh guitar or what ever it is being in bits - alot of players including myself feel that guitars and other equipment get better as they age, i dont like the feel of a new guitar, i like the wood to get adjusted to being played and forced under tension. and everyone knows that pickups and strings etc on some guitars are actually sought after to be old as fuck - eg some fender jazz players have been using the same set of strings for the last 40 years or so and ive heard the tone it produces and its wonderful.

same goes for amps, i would rather an old blackface then a new finder deluxe! the tone they produce is so sweet which i feel partly comes from age.

you have to force your equipment to get comfortable with its surroundings, players and tones its going to produce - thats what i believe - i'd love to hear others opinions on this

reason being majority of guitarists dont know caparison guitars - being only a japanese company not in the industry very long and being quite elite on who they choose to sell their guitars. yet ive played through several caparisons and personally they destroy any guitar out there for neck comfort, electronics and image.

when it comes to that evh guitar or what ever it is being in bits - alot of players including myself feel that guitars and other equipment get better as they age, i dont like the feel of a new guitar, i like the wood to get adjusted to being played and forced under tension. and everyone knows that pickups and strings etc on some guitars are actually sought after to be old as fuck - eg some fender jazz players have been using the same set of strings for the last 40 years or so and ive heard the tone it produces and its wonderful.

same goes for amps, i would rather an old blackface then a new finder deluxe! the tone they produce is so sweet which i feel partly comes from age.

you have to force your equipment to get comfortable with its surroundings, players and tones its going to produce - thats what i believe - i'd love to hear others opinions on this

I can agree with some of this man. Where I have to somewhat disagree is with buying an old Blackface opposed to a new Fender deluxe. I usually have to be the one that buys it new and then makes it old. It adds more character and makes the equipment so much more beautiful and personal rather than buying it just because it's old ya know? And as far as old bass strings go... Maybe if you had a really really nice brand. Other than that they kind of feel dry, make your hands smell and sound like shit IMO. Guess it all depends on what kind of tone your goin for. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder man.

oh no i dont go for a blackface because its old - because its been "played in" if you get me - the wood has already encountered long times of audio wave stress which has helped it settle more into itself. the speakers have been properly played in and the circuits have been well kranked to "run the amp in"

as for the strings - it doesn't feel dry at all to play, thats what i found, they certainly do sound more dead and top end toneless which fits in beautifully if your doing some laid back chilled music or some jazz styles. most of the strings kept on a fender jazz are the original shipped strings with the guitar. its just a tone unable to be recreated with an eq, pedals or new strings. like a hammond organ. there are alot of remakes and virtual ones but nothing beats the power and sheer driving sound of a lesley and hammond. its epic

I'm happy with my SLSMG purchase, but it's probably because I got it for $388 shipped with EMG's and HSC. I think an SLSMG new for $1000 is way too much (I have yet to see a well used one go for even half that), especially when LTD's and Schecter are cheaper and most often have superior hardware.

I'm happy with my SLSMG purchase, but it's probably because I got it for $388 shipped with EMG's and HSC. I think an SLSMG new for $1000 is way too much (I have yet to see a well used one go for even half that), especially when LTD's and Schecter are cheaper and most often have superior hardware.

Yeah, that's how I felt about my old Jackson DKMG. It was too expensive for what I paid for it :/ You're right about LTD & Schecter including nice hardware. That's always a big plus. I think I'm gonna wait till NAMM is over to see what new guitars are coming out because their might be a new model that I have an interest in. Thanks for your input! :kickass:

Haha You're the man for Jackson Guitars on here! Yeah, I don't think I would be putting any strap buttons on the front of my guitar! :erk:

Haha thanks!

No I don't mean that you put a strap button on the front, rather that you guide the strap over the front of the body fin (right behind the floyd). Hard to explain. :loco:
But still you'd have the strap covering a part of the front...

Haha thanks!

No I don't mean that you put a strap button on the front, rather that you guide the strap over the front of the body fin (right behind the floyd). Hard to explain. :loco:
But still you'd have the strap covering a part of the front...

No problem man! LOL Yeah, sry I took that out of context ;) Hey while were on the topic, I'm not the biggest fan of Machinehead but that signature guitar of his looks pretty wicked and comes with some good shit for price. Have any experience with that one?

I might have to go cheap because I paid $600 on my Gibson and family chipped in to pay it off by Christmas so now I owe them $550 but they covered $200. So I still have to pay back $550 and then I would have to save another $600 + to get a USA Jackson :ill: Other than that I'm almost considering going back to a Schecter Loomis ... But as I said and others have mentioned this will be MY choice so I need to shut up and start trying out some geetars!