incorrect view count

hyena

counterclockwise
Apr 13, 2002
-
sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere; this thread is meant to be temporary and deleted when the problem is fixed.

i think the viewcount has some problems: i cannot seriously believe that threads posted in the last 4 or 5 days have had five thousand views. either someone has kept their browsers on autorefresh on the same thread for days on end (but how come this affects a great majority of the threads?), or there is a bug. i thought Mark could be interested and maybe someone knows how to fix it.

Reactions: Ormir
Perhaps you're right, but bear in mind that amount of people who simply surf this board without registering themselves or posting here, people who are aimed to here from the official web site and check the board out. Not so long ago I saw someone saying he was browsing the board regularly before deciding to join us. Everything depends on the way the counter works, of course.

|ng (Checked!)

about the problem hyena mentioned: this might be connected to the times um goes offline for like 30-40 minutes. many people keep on hitting the refresh button on a thread and the server is recording the hits no matter the fact that it doesn't reply with any visualization. 5000 hits in four days is rather absurd, i agree. can you come up with an example of some such thread?

about the problem hiljainen mentioned: thread views are somewhat delayed - though i like miolo's explanation a lot - so new views are actually displayed at given intervals. if you post a new thread, it stays at 0 views for a rather long while. i have no idea if this effect is permanent or temporary.

rahvin.

who gives a fuck? are you so bored as to make theories about this? it's not like it's affecting the forum...you all suck, get a life :p

Reactions: Rei Toei
rahvin said:
5000 hits in four days is rather absurd, i agree. can you come up with an example of some such thread?

rahvin.
Posted: May 19th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Thread: Can I Play with Madness? - A Favourite DT outro poll

What it says now when I c/p a little..

Poll: Can I Play with Madness? - A Favourite DT outro poll Ormir 16 7,255

Edit: now it's already 7,441
eysupdown.gif

Can't believe this, but... I do agree with the mexican miguelito.

|ng (Si, pishilla, tienes razón. Los errores del server no es que sean santo de mi devoción)

i am totally sure that the billions of views on my threads are perfectly true, right, legitime, glorious, hail, kill, manowar :D