chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is th emost fucking cold spring I ever experienced here so far.

It's been getting MUCH COLDER 4 fucking times in a row (like from 65F to 35F (32F is 0C)). Bitch-ass motherfucker Gore was preaching about global warming... so - where the fuck is it???

Im currently working on a seminar im supposed to hold on wednesday to a group of kids from all over the baltic region. My school is hosting a conference about the situation in the baltic sea and the fishing in the EU in general. It´s going to be about a market liberal analysis on the enironmental problems and their solutions to the problems that we´re facing. Unfortunately it´s a long time since I used powerpoint and my experience with this program is shaky at best.

Im getting quite nervous about this, holding the seminar in English and everything, but I just recently found out it would be on wednesday, which is the day after the school-leaving party me class is organising. Hopefully i wont be to much of a :zombie:, at least I have the morning to sober up...:rolleyes:

Man, the weather really has been out of whack. Friggin coldest rain I've ever felt, absolutely pouring from 6 till about 15 minutes ago (almost 6 hours). Absolutely miserable.

Only good thing, is that I have my interview in Boston tomorrow morning. Of course, it had to be Friday the 13th...

~kov.

Around here, it's been the warmest winter in my lifetime. There were days in last month with above 0 degrees Celcius, usually it's supposed to be something like -20C in March. The seasons as we know them won't exist much longer.

And to the ignorant ones, global warming means exactly that: the overall yearly temperature rises, but certain periods can be extremely cold.

-Villain

Around here, it's been the warmest winter in my lifetime. There were days in last month with above 0 degrees Celcius, usually it's supposed to be something like -20C in March. The seasons as we know them won't exist much longer.

And to the ignorant ones, global warming means exactly that: the overall yearly temperature rises, but certain periods can be extremely cold.

I know that, thus I question: why the fuck is it cold all the fucking time?

Mellow winter here as well.

@Kov: Good luck, Kov! Heck, everybody i know is getting either interviews or exams this Friday the 13th. Coincidence?

why the fuck is it cold all the fucking time?

Mellow winter here as well.

Aren't these two sentences, like, contradicting each other?

And it's not really cold unless it is at least -25 Celcius. :Smug:

The Finnish winter this year was the shortest ever: from early January to late February - usually it is something like from mid-November to late March. I don't know the reason, but global warming is indeed my best guess.

-Villain

We barely had any winter this year. Minimum rain, and the cold can't have lasted more than 15 days in total. And when i say cold i mean 0-10C. :p

Well, some say that rain makes you miserable (like Kov), but I'm more than happy with it :) . Everything is so green after that, it makes me really, really cheerful :) :oops: .

Then again, the problem here is that it first gets really hot, like around 35C (I think), then we have a downpour in the evening :Smug: .

For example, it was really hot when I was going to my Uni at around 9, but when I was coming back at around 12 there was some drizzle, then it stopped. Now I'm back at home, it's cloudy and there's going to be a big downpour in a couple of hours.

Damn the weather's so crazy here :loco: , there have been times in which there's rain on one side of me house and the sun shining like crazy on the other (and on a small house like mine).

IMO this won't stop until some really serious catastrophe strikes the US (apparently what happened in New Orleans wasn't enough, I guess basically because thre are mainly black citizens there), since them and China are basically the ones who are fucking everything up.

@Plintus: That's how global warming is, everything gets warmer, causing that the climate a specific country goes to the extremes. For example the north being with an incredibly extended and cold winter, us ( CR ) having a horrible heat, and rain (in April OMG) because of the cold winds that come from the north :Smug: .

EDIT: Damn my prediction wasn't correct, it just started to rain hehe :p .

^ Ahhhh ok :p , funny that the rain doesn't actually freeze but you feel it's much colder than usual :Smug: . I guess it'll snow soon for you hehe :) .

Here it's snow... everywhere. A big snowstorm... DAMN I'm so sick of it !!! :D
BUT I FEEL SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! :D That's it, end of discussion haha!
Free as a bird !

Here it's snow... everywhere. A big snowstorm... DAMN I'm so sick of it !!! :D
BUT I FEEL SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! :D That's it, end of discussion haha!
Free as a bird !

Yeah even where my uncle lives it has been snowing a lot :Smug: .

@ Nintendo DS: :loco: Na ja, ist Deutschland jezt kaputt? :loco:

Ok, so as I predicted thre was a big downpour. It has ended now, and I've had the most unpleasent surprise: plastic covers do not totally protect my posters from water.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

DAAAAAMN!

My posters of Apocalyptica, Helloween, Destruction and Dio were damaged!!!

*curses* *a lot* *berserk mode*

This is th emost fucking cold spring I ever experienced here so far.

It's been getting MUCH COLDER 4 fucking times in a row (like from 65F to 35F (32F is 0C)). Bitch-ass motherfucker Gore was preaching about global warming... so - where the fuck is it???

Hahaha, on the way home from work, I saw a sign that said, "IF THIS IS SPRING WHERE IS GLOBAL WARMING EH?"

It's right by my house. I should go take a picture of it, but it isn't as funny anymore since the snow melted yesterday.

@Kov: Good luck, Kov! Heck, everybody i know is getting either interviews or exams this Friday the 13th. Coincidence?

Yeah tell me about it, I have to go to a client's office and try fixing fix their Citrix servers >__>

And it's been quite a warm spring over here, some days we've had temperatures as high as 30-something celsius. (90-something fahrenheit)

Status
Not open for further replies.