chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further reinforcing the idea that I am the Mat Cauthon of this board, someone found my iPod (been missing since Monday of last week) and actually was good enough to give it back, one day after my b-day. With all of the horror stories I've been hearing (about people's iPods getting lost forever, and people bragging about iPods they just found on the street), I'm fucking elated. Shit's crashing down all around me at work, and all I can think of is that I'll be able to listen to DT again to and from work starting tomorrow morning.

~kov.

Tell me - how is that fucking possible to lose an iPod given you were in the right mind (were you, btw?)

Yes, but as they live on my block, apparently it fell out of one of my jacket pockets while I was getting out of the car, and into the bushes that border between my and my neighbors yard. I have three cell phones, so the weight of one iPod (while normally noticed) could go missing for a little without me noticing. Considering I remember I was yelling at my sister at the time for something or other, I guess I was too distracted to notice. Although, I went out about an hour later when I couldn't find it, and searched all over, so they must have found it just after I dropped it. Why they didn't ring our bell to see if it was ours, I have no idea, but I'll find out when I go get it from them later.

~kov.

Heh, happy belated birthday then kov! :headbang:

I'll have my last exam for this period tomorrow.. construction theory. The exam will be composed by a new guy, so it's kinda like a lottery, since we only had the old exams to prepare ourselves. We'll see, either way Im glad it's over. Afterwards I'll enjoy my 6 days holiday! Yay for me!

Further reinforcing the idea that I am the Mat Cauthon of this board, someone found my iPod (been missing since Monday of last week) and actually was good enough to give it back, one day after my b-day. With all of the horror stories I've been hearing (about people's iPods getting lost forever, and people bragging about iPods they just found on the street), I'm fucking elated. Shit's crashing down all around me at work, and all I can think of is that I'll be able to listen to DT again to and from work starting tomorrow morning.

~kov.

I'm sure the guy/gal who gave it back to ye is Canadian or has Canadian relatives :p :) .

A bit of topic, but when I was in Amsterdam I found this über awesome Sony DVD camera, with about 150x Optical Zoom. Man did I want to keep that or what? :Smug: But in the end I thought: "What would the Dutch think of me?" So I returned the camera. I regret that now, considering that the guy at the hostel said it had a "No return policy."

Mutha fuckas.

Mephysco guy: Sí, yo think that tu ciudad is igual de polluted que Ciudad Mexico. Cuál es btw?

Btw, I'm still working on the translation, I don't have much time, sorry! :erk: But it'll come, it'll come :) :p .

I'm wondering when DT's European tour will be announced. I was hoping that it wouldn't be so far away as the autumn, but it's too optimistic to hope for a summer tour, I think. :erk: But if DT comes to the Metaltown fest, I'm probably going to invent a word that properly expresses the notion of 'extreme awesomeness'. :D

Practices joggling, probably.

Yes, I juggle cellphones while jogging. Helps burn calories and my minutes quicker.

Actually, I had two cell phones, and then work gave me another. I'm in the process of phasing one out. It's a pain in the ass, as one might assume.

And the iPod is fine. They found it down at the other end of my block, somewhere I haven't walked past in months, at the very least. I think I dropped it and their dog picked it up and brought it back. Thank goodness for the rubberized sport case I keep it in.

~kov.

That's what I meant, but instead of a long-ass explanation I invented a new word!

Ok, my mind is really warped right now. Be wary, you're about to enter Kov's thought processes.... (<twilight zone>)

Thought 1: Kangaroons!
Thought 2: Plin = word maker-upper man!
Thought 3: Rahv = defender of current lexicon and grammatical rules!
Thought 4: Word wars!
Thought 5: Thinks back... wtf?

~kov.

l_bd0e6e2c9b15d6ea537f9d94758c5d87.jpg

I'm wondering when DT's European tour will be announced. I was hoping that it wouldn't be so far away as the autumn, but it's too optimistic to hope for a summer tour, I think. :erk: But if DT comes to the Metaltown fest, I'm probably going to invent a word that properly expresses the notion of 'extreme awesomeness'. :D

Sweet jesus that would be wonderful. Im hoping they play on one of the later dates at the arvika festival (12-14 july), so me and a couple of friends can get into the car after the metallica consert i stockholm (12th july), and still make it to their concert. DT appearing at a more convinently dated festival would be so much better though.

But didn´t they mention an European tour around Oktober in an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.