Incredible live performances

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
I could have sworn there was another thread along these lines a while ago but couldn't find it.....

HOLYLILLEGRUBERSAUCE!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px9xRHFExCE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3k1yU7Suks&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

That Suffocation video is incredible, by far the best live DM band I've ever seen...... closely followed by Nile on the "Black Seeds" tour when Chief Spires on vox.
Morbid Angel on the formulas tour were supreme too.

Suffo nails it every time I've seen them. I've seem Dimmu 4 times and each time it sounded like they were playing the album. Vader has been spot on every time I've seen them.

Best show by far for me was Testament headlining with Grave and Dismember in Montreal. All three just owned the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the bands I've seen in person Testament and Suffo kick the shit out of everyone, they are on a completely different plane of awesome live.

Manowar put on one of the most incredible shows I've ever seen. Not saying all of their shows are as good, just saying that the one I'm thinking of was just flawless in every way. Sound, performance, intensity, entertainment ... it was amazing

Devin Townsend ... don't need to say more than that really

Helloween about 8 years ago in New Jersey .... amazing sound, studio grade performances and just an effortless vibe through the whole show with a nice dose of humor without ever overdoing it

Devildriver ... I forget when, maybe about 6 years ago or so. I'm not even really a fan to be honest but I was so absolutely stunned by their performance, especially the drummer, that I still think of these guys as one of the best live acts I've ever seen

Amon Amarth ... holy hell did these guys unleash the wrath of the northmen on Philly. I felt like I was 17 again with how caught up I got in the show

Suicidal Tendencies .... going way back now when I actually WAS like 17. Mike prowling the stage like a goddamn coked up tiger and just commanding people's attention with every word. The band was on fucking FIRE that night

In Extremo ... Was my 1st time hearing them and had no idea what to expect. The whole place just had this "oh this is gonna suck hard" look and feel to it as they were setting up. By the time they were done playing their 1st song the entire place was going monkey shit crazy for them. Unbelievably entertaining performances and flawless sound

Virgin Steele ... same fest as the In Extremo gig. They got FUCKED on their sound like I've never heard a band get fucked before. On top of that they were forced to play in this warehouse room at the same time, IN THE SAME ROOM, as some random black metal band. Only thing separating the two "stages" was a thick welding curtain thing! Made no difference. That show was a true example of what seasoned veterans can do. David just sang louder, the drummer just hit harder and Ed just got right in people's faces with his guitar so that even if you couldn't always hear what he was playing you could see it and almost feel it. They sounded exactly as they do on cd, just a LOT more intense

Dying Fetus were pretty cool, I think that was like 4 years ago.

Opeth at Summer Breeze 2005, really enjoyed it, but I saw them a few months later
and it was incredible, great sound and Mikael got the whole audience laughing during
the whole set.

Devin Townsend last year, like Carlos said, nothing to add.

Mother Superior, played in a small youth club in my hometown, played there myself
like 5 times, they were awesome, played with passion, almost 2 1/2 hours, enjoyed
everything and had a great sound.
And that was in front of 25-30 people, but they played like they were in front of 20k.

Queensryche blowing Metallica off the stage during the And Justice for All tour were near perfect. I didn't really even know who they were at the time and was the biggest Metallica fan back then, so it was a hard thing to admit that night. Nevertheless it was unquestionable, and yes this was the original Mindcrime tour so you could only imagine.

Tool from the Ænima era on have been otherworldly live

It goes without saying Pantera were amazing as well. One of my favorite shows was seeing them on the Trendkill tour with Neurosis opening up during the "Through Silver in Blood" Tour. Talk about an audience that didn't know what hit them.

Rammstein
Iron Maiden

Savatage and Pain Of Salvation were bands that I don´t even like but were great live.

Wow this going to be a trip down memory lane ...

1984 Slayer on their first tour supporting the "Haunting The Chapel" EP. I sat on stage in front of Jeff Hanneman!

1985 Iron Maiden during their World Slavery tour.

1987 Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour.

1989 Queensryche on the Operation Mindcrime tour - real musical theater!

1994 Fates Warning on Inside Out tour

2000 Symphony X on the V The New Mythology tour

2002 Opeth and Porcupine Tree. Just wow.