Industrial music?

check out Thorns self titled and their split with Emperor. good industrial black metal.

and speaking of industrial in general, how come one mentioned KMFDM yet?! cant forget about the Ultra Heavy Beat!

Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle & Velvet Acid Christ are the only ones I have ever really listened to. It's the kind of music that I have rare moods for, but I'm not sure I will ever be able to fully appreciate it. I was never able to get into Ministry, but I feel that I wasn't listening to them correctly.

I'm only talking about industrial metal bands because it's an industrial topic in the 'general metal discussion'.

makes sense to me snyways.

The only industrial metal I've been able to tolerate thus far is Rammstein, tbh.

Although industrial BM intrigues me, I'm considering checking some of that stuff out.

I love some real industrial, like Throbbing Gristle, but not that big into it.

I've never been a fan of industrial metal, I have a few songs hear and there are love those few, but thats it.

I know little about Industrial metal but I like Nailbomb, Fear Factory, Godflesh, Programmed Cell Death and a little Ministry.

Godflesh is cool, and so is early Swans when they made crushing industrial music, which is where a lot of his sound originates. They also influenced grindcore, sludge and a lot of other genres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because Godflesh fucking rules.

Indeed, they were good. The mood in that album is like Napalm Death's "Scum".

How are their later albums after this one.

On your earlier post, you mention some band called "Christbait". They got the name from that Godflesh song right?

Godflesh is the only industrial metal band I really like I think. There are some more that are pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

As for non-metal industrial music: Death industrial are sometime good, 'The Grey Wolves' and 'Atrax Morgue' are both awsome.

Martial industrial can be good too even though I think there are lots of boring uninspired bands in that genre.