Inferno Keyboard Tabs?

Abstract Solution

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2006
Hey all,

I was thinking about learning the main guitar riff of Inferno: Unleash the Fire. But since I don't play guitar, I wanted to learn it on the keyboard. I'm usually pretty good at picking these things out by ear, but the Inferno riff's been giving me a tough time. Anyone know the notes?

This should be in the musicians corner.

And the only thing that would be hard is the pedal notation for the open notes. Unless your name happens to be Jordan Rudess. Because he can hit the same note over and over again with one hand in 16th notes for hours.

I don't think Pinnella plays the riff in unison with Romeo. However, the keyboard did double the guitar in the demo version of the song.

I wouldnt bother myself. You'd have to hammer the F note with alternate left/right fingers then quickly jump up higher for the other notes. Its seriously shit on keys.

If you want to know the notes then i'd suggest guitar pro 5 since it has standard notation for keys and stuff. I'm not too fussed on where u might get it either if u get my drift ;).

Anyway, guitar pro suggests that it's in the C# augmented 5th scale, which is ....

C# D# E# F# G# G## A# B#

.... :) great fun!

Intro

F# F Eb F (F F F F) Eb Db C (F) Db C Bb (F)
C Bb A (F) F# (F) F# (F F F) F# (F) F# A F# (F)
C Bb A (F) F# (F) F# (F F F) F# (F) F# A F# (F)
F# F Eb F (F F F F) Eb Db C (F) F Eb Db (F)
C Bb A F# F Eb F# F Eb Db C Bb C Bb A F#
F Eb F# F Eb Db C Bb A F# A Bb C Db Eb F

Main Riff

F# F Eb F (F F F F) Db C Bb (F) Eb Db C (F) F Eb Db (F)
F# F Eb F (F F F F) C Bb A F# F Eb
F# F Eb F (F F F F) F# F Eb Db C Bb C Bb A F# F Eb
F# F Eb F (F F F F) C Bb A F# F Eb
F# F Eb F (F F F F) F# F Eb Db C Bb C Bb A F# F Eb
F# F Eb Db C Bb C Bb A F# F Eb F

The (F)'s in parenthesis are the pedal notes.