Info on Anathema.....!!!!

waz416c said:
doesnt work .......!!........:( .......PEAC EOUT

crap I jsut realized I used a Smilie........HOW COULD I......ive never ever used one beofre...nto that I recall......o well...ill let it slide this time......PEAC EOUT

I'd say...my top 3 Anathema albums are in no order: Silent Enigma, Alternative 4 and Judgement. I like the DVD alot too...from the Silent Enigma days, I have it, forgot what it's called. ok, a vision from a dying embrace.

LoboUivante said:
silent enigma does it for me...
alternative 4
crestfallen ep or serenades with the ep
judgement, etc, etc...

get some in the woods instead

true. In The Woods ae indeed billiant! sadl they split up in 2003...

Hypnos said:
true. In The Woods ae indeed billiant! sadl they split up in 2003...

Pesonally, I don't think that their doom metal from the early days is the best what they have done. They were really good at it, and together with Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride they can be called the godfathers of doom metal in my opinion. But what they have since Eternity is what made them stand out as one of the best bands that can combine honest, sincere lyrics with emotional (rock) music.

Maybe not the best that they have done, but imo some of the best death/doom that has been done.

and together with Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride they can be called the godfathers of doom metal in my opinion.
They are infact called "the big three" and are seen as the three bands that pioneered death/doom-metal, true doom is much slower. I think MDB is a bit overrated though.

I like the DVD alot too...from the Silent Enigma days, I have it, forgot what it's called. ok, a vision from a dying embrace.
Close! The DVD is called "A Vision Of A Dying Embrace". ;)
And the name is taken from the lyrics of the best song ever made... A Dying Wish!