Infobia@The Lion, Castleford 27/3/04

Is it? theyve changed again? i was sure that they were ademantly against being in yorkshire.. they were humberside and proud...

Anyways...flu-type crappy virus seems to be slighty on the wane so it look like I will be able to make it tonight! :D You will all have to look after me and if anyone makes a comment on my Rudolfesque nose they will get the full glare of the dragon's gaze! Looking forward to meeting y'all ........ oh and looking forward to the pizza and if you haven't bought Evolution make sure you brings some pennies as it's ace! HAIL!

dragonmaiden said:
Anyways...flu-type crappy virus seems to be slighty on the wane so it look like I will be able to make it tonight! :D You will all have to look after me and if anyone makes a comment on my Rudolfesque nose they will get the full glare of the dragon's gaze! Looking forward to meeting y'all ........ oh and looking forward to the pizza and if you haven't bought Evolution make sure you brings some pennies as it's ace! HAIL!
Glad you're feeling better Dragonmaiden, will see you all later.

We're going in convoy from McDonalds, St Andrew's Quay at about 5.30.

You won't be able to miss us. We're the ones with the Curly Wurlys in the back window of the cars. !!! :D

Sherry x

Now this is just a possibility but if my memory serves me correctly then its opposite a granary i think? maybe its not opposite but i reckon its on the same road as a big granary or something of that ilk, and possibly opposite a Woolworths... If you dont find it near that then im wrong, this is purely based on vague memories of the place...

We're sorted, apparently my dad used to frequent the pub in his more biker orientated days.
See you all there tonight, around 7-8 or something. Don't start without us!

I'm thinking of having a drive up to see this ... given the number of people who have posted above it should be packed :)

Never been to Castleford before, does this pub have its own parking or am I going to be driving around looking for a multi-storey? Don't even know how big Castleford is -- is it a town or a city?

I've already got directions TO Castleford (try www.theaa.com any time you need those), I'd just like to know what to expect when I get there.

Well I can safely say it was indeed a great night of metal, Infobia were way better than i had expected and the atmosphere was good... Pissed myself a few times n' all, great live show, good comical interludes... If they play anywhere near you i thoroughly recommend you check it out... good to meet some of you guys too, put some faces to names as it were...

Pissed yourself eh??.......:lol:

Shame I didn't really get to say more than hello to you two guys as well.....after the Infobia set you were talking to Eagle whilst I was discussing the finer points of financial ruin caused by ex-partners with Dragonmaiden(!!!!) I did actually say to her that we should go and join you lot but she was having none of it** and we carried on gassing!! When I turned round again you had gone home (of course I'm assuming AFTER a visit to the Pizza place.....You were right Eagle, not a bad pizza at all, especially as they were obviously none-too-pleased with making them at that time!!)

** this may of course be a blatant lie!!

Also, I suppose I should mention that the Infobia boys once again put on a quality nights entertainment and played a good solid set with some tracks I'd not heard before and a rather nifty cover of Wrench by The Almighty......was well worth my 250 mile round trip anyway!!!

Have just got home from my mega trip to see Infobia last night...which involved a trip from Hartlepool to Hull and then onto Castleford and back! No matter!! I had a great night. Infobia go from strength to strength! Looking forward to seeing them again soon. Jonoleth and JoeSnow...good to meet you both...and ignore the blatant lie above......it was all a bit too much really...I don't get out much you see..... and I lost track of time whilst yarning with MentaLee! Then I too realised you had gone...so catch up with you next time if not at Bloodstock. :)

Aye, it was a fine night of British Metal. It was good to see Infobia doing a full set and great to hear the older classics 'Anybody' and 'War Toys' in the set again. Next Infobia gig is 22nd April at the Adelphi in Hull, I recommend you all come along.

It was also great to finally meet Jonoleth and Joe5now, I'm sure we'll meet up again at future gigs for more ale. Also again I did think the night improved once I took control of the jukebox.

Indeed, once the jukebox had been comandeered the night improved no end... It'll never fail to make me smile that some lass with less than acceptable music taste shall we say, who programed in papa roach and similar crap missed all her songs cos Infobia did their second half of their set leaving the jukebox open for some great metal.. And that little Priest fest we had, nowt finer....

Shame we didn't get to chat more but there just wasn't enough time! Or room and a load of other pressing constraints like the actual gig. But yeah, Infobia really surprised me, they were great and very entertaining and my girlfriend got the CD which is a good reminder of the night!
Good to meet you Glyn, and I'm guessing we will see you again some time before bloodstock either at WASP or some other gig!

Didn't get to sample the pizzas though :(

Thanks to everyone who came to the Lion. It's great that people were willing to travel to see Infobia play - sounds like we made a few new friends! We had a cracking night and we'll be playing there again on the 3rd July.

The only disappointment for me was that Lee threatened to do some Goth-style dancing and failed to deliver:loco:

Cheers Bloodstockers, I raise my ale-horn to you all! (ooh-errr missus)