Informal Poll

stevekachinsky

Steel Prophet - Gtr
Mar 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.steelprophet.net
What do you want to see in the next Steel Prophet album? The same? More fast songs, or more slow ones? A diverse mix like we usually do? Sci Fi themes, spiritual, political, etc.? Lots of guitar solos? Special effects? Melodic or brutal? Metal or rock? I'm not saying the feedback will have any effect on what we do (there are about 7 songs written already), but I'm curious about what our listeners want/like. Thanks.

Steve

hey, so nice you are asking this kind of things:)

And here is my point of view... I would like to hear kind of music that is heart warning (or maybe tender is a better word?) For some reason most of the bands i am listening (im not talking about SP;) ) are going kind of blindly to a more technical music and forget about emotions... Ofcourse there are different emotions, its the question about the style and themes,,, but they are just so weakly expressed. So my wish is that the album will be brave with all the differences within the songs! It's not about a length or special effects, but more about the depth of the songs :D Spiritual and other deep emotional themes are always welcome... and who will disagree with me about lovely guitar solo, that makes you feel like you are dreaming or lifts you to another world,, i guess no one will disagree about this one;) And i just love all the aqustic stuff,,, SO atleast few aqustic parts please :D
And (the new old) golden voice shall shine again with all its contrasts!!

Ohh, and the rest is about just like all this years before,, its about your gifts and inspiration :saint:

Overall, I agree with ihqkepukka (what a nick! :lol:). Personally and answering your questions, I´d prefer diversity as usual you do. Maybe a kind of mix between "Dark hallucinations" and "Messiah" sound. Metal with tons of melodies, nice solo (but not too much) and OK lyrics (no matter what you deal with)...

And if new album could be joint with an european tour that would be overwhelming :headbang:.

I really like your midtempo songs. It's nice when Rick sings more aggressive, Dio style, I think it sounds better than too much falsetto. Lyrics should be varitated; sci-fi, spiritual, political, historic events, it's all good when well written. One thing that bothers me in rock/metal is the taboo that a guitar solo must come after the second chorus. I love when a song has a "misplaced" solo at the beginning/end of the song, or when there is something different like a bass or drums solo. It's also nice to hear different moods in the solos, there are guys that just play fast. But focus on metal, please, not rock. And mix melodic with brutal, maybe in the same song if possible. If you will listen to 10+ songs from the same artist, there should be good melodies and emotions rather than only speed. That's it. I like diversity in a band.

What do you want to see in the next Steel Prophet album? The same? More fast songs, or more slow ones? A diverse mix like we usually do? Sci Fi themes, spiritual, political, etc.? Lots of guitar solos? Special effects? Melodic or brutal? Metal or rock? I'm not saying the feedback will have any effect on what we do (there are about 7 songs written already), but I'm curious about what our listeners want/like. Thanks.

Steve

Hmm, as a shredder....give me more shred. Fast but on the melodic side. Something like Strange Encounter or both seperately like New Life. I just like SP, big influence......even though I play black metal.

Steve

My apologies for not have been here more often as I do. I prefer basically the line of music style/line along "Messiah" and "Book Of The Dead", but I won't mind for stuff like in "Into The Void". I prefer melodic, fast, metal songs, but I won't complaint from a nice ballad or instrumental like 'Soleares'. As for the lyrical subject, anything you guys like, never had a trouble with your subjects before.

I think Steel Prophet is at its greatest when dynamics are allowed to flourish. The band is a classic heavy metal group in that the albums contain songs that are fast, slow, melodic, balladesque, technical, grunt power, and even experimental and brave ("Oleander", which I LOVE).

Steve, you're one talented musician, so please never force yourself to write in any pre-conceived idea, but rather from that pure place that breathes the purest form of heavy metal art.