What do you want on the next album?

Originally posted by Ormir
I don't think there's much bad blood between the band and Vortex (asgeir can of comment whether this is true), and I think it would be a nice gesture both from Vortex, and the band if he were to feature. After all, Vortex did a live guest appearance for Borknagar a few months ago. It would be cool to hear the voice of their past and present together, if only as a fan service. ;)
Question is, would DB mind about it?

Question is, would DB mind about it?
Well, Vortex used to appear on Dimmu Borgir albums "courtesy of Century Media" so I'm sure at least Nuclear Blast wouldn't have a problem with it. As for Dimmu Borgir, they "shared" Vortex with Borknagar in the past, so I doubt they would have anything against it, if DB is not on tour or recording a new album. Pure speculation of course. ;)

yeah, Øystein and Jens should practice playing solos a bit before the recordings of the next one ;) I mean if I listen to Empiricism I get the impression that there are more key- and bass solos than guitar solos... :eek:

Well, Vortex used to appear on Dimmu Borgir albums "courtesy of Century Media" so I'm sure at least Nuclear Blast wouldn't have a problem with it. As for Dimmu Borgir, they "shared" Vortex with Borknagar in the past, so I doubt they would have anything against it, if DB is not on tour or recording a new album. Pure speculation of course. ;)
Yes, I don't see why the would have any problem with it at all.:) But don't forget what I said earlier!

Originally posted by Tyr
Your point being?
That one of the guitarists should start playing bass, because it's a waste having two guitarists who don't play solos. ;) That way you can have double-bass harmonys, and incredible bass leads. Asgeir could also pick up a bass, and you could handle the rhythm section entirely with double-bass guitars, while Tyr plays bass leads!

"The Bigger the Cushion, the Sweeter the Pushin', well that's what I said.
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand, or so I have read.
My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo....I like to sink her with my pink torpedo.

Big Bottom, Big Bottom...talk about bum-cakes, my girls got 'em. Big Bottoms drive me outta my mind. How can I leave this Behind?"

Tyr could very well be the Norwegian Derek Smalls...all he's missing is the moustache and the pipe.

That one of the guitarists should start playing bass, because it's a waste having two guitarists who don't play solos. ;) That way you can have double-bass harmonys, and incredible bass leads. Asgeir could also pick up a bass, and you could handle the rhythm section entirely with double-bass guitars, while Tyr plays bass leads!

:lol:

Originally posted by TravisW
:eek: Have you not seen "This is Spinal Tap"? If not, you really really need to. Anybody who plays in bands, esp metal bands, needs to see that show.

Of course I have seen it , I just wondered why you'd wanna compare Derek Smalls with me...

It whould be good with more majestic start of your songs, like colossus, witch is fucking exellent.

Should we call this as insanity?

Originally posted by Tyr
Of course I have seen it , I just wondered why you'd wanna compare Derek Smalls with me...

Well, if you guys did a song with all bass guitars, it would be quite a lot like Big Bottom...the one where they're all playing bass, at which point you would be like Derek Smalls---a bass player amongst people playing bass.

Oh well, let's just say I owe you a beer the next time I'm in Norway.