What do you want on the next album?

A suggestion to Asgeir;

-A sane lyrics layout on the next album! It was really confusing having the lyrics in random order on Empiricism. :p

Originally posted by Ormir
A suggestion to Asgeir;

-A sane lyrics layout on the next album! It was really confusing having the lyrics in random order on Empiricism. :p

It was never meant to be in a random order , it got fucked up during print.

Anyway , every written word on the next album will be in morse-code.

I am kidding of course...

the basslines were great on empiricism but the bass should be louder and less conservative...just let it rip tyr :) it would be nice to see some spiral architectish basslines.

and guitar solos of course...longish ones with key changes

there's my 2 cents

just continue with the Empiricism vibe just use different keys and different lyrics...

well I want some crazy guitar solos and keyboard layers
make really heavy and fast songs and include smooth bits; change very rapidly....

choirs from Mr. V death vocals, black, and falsetto parts( and all in between) :)

many acoustic parts, ja takk så mye!

Most of the things have probably already been said. But here's just my quick wishlist for the next album:

-) a good mix of fast and mid-tempo songs; perhaps more faster songs than on "Empiricism"

-) crazy Hammond torturing!

-) bass & drum solos *give it up for Asgeir and Tyr - yeah*

-) acoustic passages / instrumental passages

In other words: everything as it already was on "Empiricism" and ealier albums but 100 times better!!!! :D

@Tyr & Asgeir: Alright, thanks for clearing that up. ;) Not really surprising coming from CM... They have a habit of fucking up first prints.

I forget who mentioned it, and don't know how or if it would work, but a guest appearence by Vortex would be thrilling.:) Maybe a duet with Vintersorg? *wistfully wishes*

Hehe, why stop with just Vortex? Go for a trio, with Garm too, I say ;) :p

Hmmm, so are you going to add a new member to play on the album, or are you going to be boring and stick with the same line-up this time?

(joking :p)

hmmmm, I should probably stay away from this thread, there is just too much temptation to be silly ;o

more Hammond sound would be great..but otherwise do what you want to do. I wanna hear The Borknagar and not my ideas in your music:) If you follow the path you are going on from the first album... I won't be disappointed.

Hmm..lets see... these things would be great..
- Blackbeats during clean vocals
- Two different growling sounds (at the same time)
- Bass solos (because they´re funny)

Or maybe I should just stay quiet..

more slower and acoustic passages
more higher pitched vocals (maybe even falsetto)
a more depressing outlook
and an album cover involving ballroom dancing