What do you want/expect from the next DT album?

Originally posted by dredd_hedd
I'd like to see the same aggression as in DD but with clean vocals, and female vocals would be really nice too. But DD was such a masterpeice its hard to envision something superior.

You stole my tongue and said it with my own words

I'd like the period in between The Gallery and Haven to be erased from their memories and release and album that follows the evolution from Haven to DD, so get even more harsh/ aggressive, yet with the melodies (of course!) and a mellow part thrown in here and there. And less clean vocals :loco: :p

I dunno... I still haven't recovered from Damage Done.

Well I've only been a DT fan since Haven, and I only like their more recent stuff, from Projector - even though I know most fans will say Skydancer, TMI etc was their classic stuff, I prefer the sound they've progressed to.
Anyway, for the next album I'd sort of back a post I read earlier, that they should make longer instrumental parts within the songs, with guitar solos, changes of pace, some keyboard solos (as well as keyboard 'tinkling' maybe more dramatic use of the keyboard?), also some use of clean vocals, obviously best suited to downbeat sombre parts of a song, but growl in DD style for the majority. Female vocals possibly....... also tronger use of innovative electronics could be good, but not so much that they overtake the guitar and drums, etc.
I think basically I'd like to hear what I said before, more instrumental pieces inbetween the vocals...ala The Enemy, I think the instrumental on that goes from 1.47ish to 3.07ish?
Here's hoping for a 2004 release, and PLEASE bring out an official DVD soon!

hehehe my ideal next dt album
would be skydancer/gallery/damage done influenced
a balance between fast songs/ mid paced and maybe a few slow ones (perhaps instrumentals, acoustic and electric)
tremolo picking blast beat sections
experimenting with growl vocals and clean vocals and some female vocalsm
lots of artificial harmonics thrown in ( they seem to like doing that :D )
maybe a sort of sweep picking solo (classical influenced could be a guest soloist)
and my two ideal bonus tracks for worldwide release (not just japan!)
Punish My Heaven '03
Shadow Duet '03 (with Mikael and Anders [not using his whiney new singing])
these two with better production

Hm, let's see...

In short, the basic thing for me is to have longer songs indeed, so they could have more of these "groovy" instrumental parts, with all these weird anders' rythms. As for the vocals, I am afraid I wouldn't like clean vox.

Everybody seems to be doing this at the moment. In contrast to that, I would like more aggression!! yeah!! music with blast beats and all (midway through infinity style!) and vocals like in TMI, which IMHO are the best ever by Mikael. It would rock if he could have more layers of his growls, more sick and chaotic effect. HE could even get guest vocalists!! Especially with his really good relation to Opeth. Wouldn't THAT ROCK!!! Stanne and Akerdfeldt TOGETHER! I'd shit myself ( AND NO, I AM NOT SAYING THAT THEY SHOULD PLAY LIKE OPETH TOO, I am just talking about the vox).

I would really like the return of some acoustic parts with female voices (like Insanity's crescendo) which would give more variation to longer songs.

As for the keyboards part, i dont have anything to say because they are simply PERFECT. They just elevate the atmosphere so much, to even epic proportions, without overdoing it. it couldnt be any better...

Yeah, maybe some gallery melodies thrown here and there (ie a bit more technical/classical in a sense) but I just love the multi layered, "dirty" feel of projector guitars too ...

that, in short...