What do you expect from Ghost Reveries?

yeh.. i hope the keyboards don't just mimic the guitars.. i hope they actually add another 'dimension'. i don't like it when the basslines purely copy the guitar parts, and i don't want the keyboard parts to either. I know sometimes though, it suits the part best.

A better sound than deliverance.. possibly more reverbed.. A heavier distortion tone with more warmth but a mellow sound that counters it. Louder bass and keys that don't overwhelm the mix.

A concept that equals still life and MAYH, with a similar lyrical style to them.

A Disitinct element of progression from earlier records whilst retaining the same magic.

more classic moments and some more funny moments e.g. "deadly badgers",the rapping part, the underwhelming 'ghost cough' etc..

Ghost of Perdition said:
What would you like to hear on the next opus?
What would you NOT like to hear?
What things do you expect this time?

I think this new album will be more structured, maybe more direct.

Btw I think that TGC is just a small piece in the puzzle....give it time, wait for the context....and IMO, Mikael proves that He can whisper the hell out of us on this song.

I would like to hear soul's lenguaje, they can do it.......again. :worship:

A conceptual album should be listened as a whole....so, I'm waiting for an emotional rollercoaster.

I expect a Ghost....

TehLeperAffinity said:
I expect a total change in direction that I will understand and like, but a lot of hardcore Opeth fans will not "get it".

I agree. They are progressive death metal. Of course their sound will be a little different. That's Opeth. Who wants fuckin MAYH, or Still Life every time? It gets old....

well, a mix of Breeding Death Ep growls, to Bid you Farewell clean vocals, and generally another great album from a favourite band...

The rip of TGC didn't "really" do the song much injustice, however, it does have it's good moments, but what I really don't want from Ghost Reveries is solos like the first one in TGC, ah well...

i don't expect anything at all. it's too easy getting fucked by high expectations. whatever will come i'll have. and if i won't like it i'd be certainly disappointed, maybe highly disappointed. i could even shed a tear or two, like i did after hearing deliverance.
but life goes on, and there tons of other records and bands worth listening to. and i always have morningrise.
of course i hope i'll be screaming out with joy listening to it.

Oinkness said:
All of the songs are repetitive, you goon. That's why they are over 10 minutes long.Except maybe Orchid and Morningrise.

lmao! lfaj you're a "goon". How's it feel to be told off by an 11 yr old? I bet you'll never tangle with Oink again, eh?

I'm not looking forward to the new opeth album. The latest wave of Opeth fans, the playing live with Korn and the overall shittiness of TGC (why is the synth so high in the mix?!?! this is 'death' metal, not black metal) have all ended my support of Opeth.

I'll still treasure everything prior to damnation.

shame to hear ^

i must say though i half share the sentiment. I'm getting more and more apprehensive that it could be overblown in a bad way. BUT im still also very excited because the tracknames are intruiging and i think i may pop if i dont hear baying of the hounds soon!