What do you expect from Ghost Reveries?

Ghost of Perdition

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2005
What would you like to hear on the next opus?
What would you NOT like to hear?
What things do you expect this time?

I think this new album will be more structured, maybe more direct.

Btw I think that TGC is just a small piece in the puzzle....give it time, wait for the context....and IMO, Mikael proves that He can whisper the hell out of us on this song.

I would like to hear soul's lenguaje, they can do it.......again. :worship:

A conceptual album should be listened as a whole....so, I'm waiting for an emotional rollercoaster.

I salute thee

Several good stories (thought TGC isn't, lol)
emotional climaxes ala the Moor
better vocals (both clean and growls)
awesome drumming
best opeth solos
an audible bass

not to repetitious.....perhaps opeth's major failing and tgc doesn't bode well for that.

plenty of not only climaxes but mounting tension and above all a melodic direction which isn't broken up by overly repeating

When the good version of TGC comes out with high quality and no clippings, you guys are totally going to crap your pants and beg Opeth for forgiveness. The song is freaking awesome, the radio rip doesn't do good justice and you guys should be ashamed for ripping it in the first place..

I'd like to hear more softer, acoustic parts in the new songs. Not necessarily to the extent of Morningrise, but the occasional acoustic part would be nice. And I didn't particularly like Mikael's growl on Deliverance. It didn't seem varied enough to me. And as a few others have said, I think the main problem with Deliverance was that it was repetetive.

i hope not :erk:

id prefer a more deliverance crossed with mayh style (yeah its an odd concept but it works if you think it through)

What would you like to hear on the next opus? Good songwriting, alot of great keyboard parts, elements that make this record distinguishable from the others, awesome clean vocals and growls which I'm sure it will have.
What would you NOT like to hear? boring songwriting, some bro clean singing which I know it won't have.
What things do you expect this time? I expect carefully crafted songs.

Looking for a Job said:
stfu oinky. no matter how poor the rip, the song is still repetitive as hell
All of the songs are repetitive, you goon. That's why they are over 10 minutes long.

Except maybe Orchid and Morningrise.

i would like more atmosphere, maybe risk a few more of those detached patchwork sections like in BRI... actuali i think i'm asking for worse songwriting so i'll stop!

ChrisFerg said:
Sorry, but where could i hear TGC?

You can hear it at the Sounds of the Undergound tour. :Spin:

Or you can just wait untill Aug. 30th and buy the album.

Of course, I d/'d it, but only because I am buying Ghost Reveries.

I expect nothing less than a well crafted masterpiece, as every Opeth album. I even love Deliverance, so stfu. And I'm looking for the keyboards to add a little bit of a dark atmosphere.

I want a really good mellow song, cause I think that's where their strength lies in the 2 previous albums-- AFJ is Deliverance's highlight for me.

I expect an Opeth album, which by definition will kick so much ass that once again, just like 7 times prior, reality may finally implode into itself in one giant climax of pure, unadultered, orgasmic musical goodness. Being on RR I also expect one or more music videos (which could be good or bad). As for the sound of the new album, I'm thinking something new and original, but along the lines of if Deliverance and Still Life made sweet love to each other and produced a female offspring who grew up to be the most beautiful woman alive who I would want to have sex with...man I'm lonley.

more acoustic parts like on the 5 first records and I hope it will sound more fluid instead of sounding like a riff collage.

I hope the keyboards won't replace the acoustic parts and if it does, I hope it won't be the same notes as the guitar playing like on tgc. I wasn't really impressed by the keyboards.

I like tgc but i'm not blown away.