What do you expect from Ghost Reveries?

this must have been taken after they had finished recording atonement look at the look on peters face as he forces himself to sitdown... ouch - but all for the art of music right?

3.jpg

I'm not expecting anything except a solid album in its own right. The Grand Conjuration was pretty good on its own but I just hope the rest of it doesn't sound exactly like this song.

Longinus said:
Several good stories (thought TGC isn't, lol)
emotional climaxes ala the Moor
better vocals (both clean and growls)
awesome drumming
best opeth solos
an audible bass

my thoughts exactly...

Looking for a Job said:
you are really stupid. luckily you have a great body, and that makes up for it

lol why is EVERYONE on earth "stupid" to you. and why should everyone "end their life" because they disagree with you. get a life my friend. how is it impossible that a fuckin opeth fan talked to mikael on the tour they're currently doing and asked him about the album?

I expect rich, varied songs containing a lot of different moods and melodies and few repetitions.

I would, but I'm NOT expecting, blastbeats, total brutality, with some thrash riffs coupled with well writtten, acoustic interludes.It would sound "different" from normal Opeth, but it would be a progression from the last few releases. I wouldn't want Opeth to be too keyboard saturated, just light keyboards playing piano like notes. I was hoping Opeth would intergrate some Emporer like BM into thier sound, along with some organic instruments: ala harp, violins (My Dying Bride) ect. Less repitition, more mesmerizing change in moods..
That problably won't happen.
Otherwise, I don't know what to expect from Opeth, just ditch that damn drum machine and triggered drum sound. Lopez could add an Latin Middle eastern flavor to opeth and it would stil be interesting.