What do you think about...

Connacht

O' scugnizzo scarrafone
Jan 4, 2005
Italy
So, I post here every ice age :D

However, I want to ask if you would like this idea: a parenthesis with an EP of Dark Tranquillity with 2, 3 or 4 songs of totally different genres, for example, power metal, gothic metal, alternative metal etc., just to view what DT can do and not other.

And there is an other idea of mine: a cover of Stairway to Heaven, clean or acoustic guitars with DT soundstyle and Brandstrom's piano which replaces the flute. I think it could be atmospheric and fascinating (expecially if with Robert Plant as special guest but it's easier that Freddy Mercury resuscitates :D).

I dont think it's a good idea. DT should stick to what they do. I mean it's not like they still need to prove their talent in songwriting and musical variety or anything. Besides, I think DT doing a Power Metal song would piss off quite a large number of fans.

I agree with Taliesin: DT doing songs of different genres just for the sake of it would be a waste of their talent, IMHO. Now, if they really wanted to experiment different styles (which they have done in the past), I'd have nothing against that. But just for "fun"? Nope, I don't think that's a good idea.

Then again, I kind of hope they'd record some new cover-songs. I would be very interested in a DT-version of Radiohead's Street Spirit, which was mentioned a while ago by the band (IIRC), but apparently never got recorded.

-Villain

Now that would be something! Id imagine that cover to be heavy, with screaming vocals, because its an awfully emotional song and Radiohead have done the calmer version. :) It would be awesome!

...and I dont like that ep idea.

I asked Mikael Stanne about that Radiohead cover in an interview, and he said "Yeah we were thinking about it, we started it and nearly finished it." so I asked him if that was ever going to happen and he said "I hope so."

i hope so too