Let us discuss an inevitable topic...what do you want to see on the next album?

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Well, I don't know for certain about the plans for the next album...just that Jeff already has three songs written and theyre "very heavy. I try to get heavier with each album."

But what would you like to see on it? I want to see more songs like TGE. Big, ass kicking 8 or 9 minute songs that are dynamic. I also wanna see more thrash-like songs like My Acid Words. And, some acoustic, slower, eerie stuff would be nice, too. But I want to hear bonecrunching heaviness in the riffing ala Born.

I'll tell you what I don't want to hear...........ELECTRONICS ALA IN FLAMES. That shit really sucks and ruins a lot of bands.

Anyone? Cosa vuoi sentire?

I want to see Steve on the album again :(

More stuff involving the two of them sharing leads like in psalm of lydia.
I want to see Jeff showing off as much as possible.

I want to see Van keep doing what he does, turn Jim up a little and let him go nuts, and Warrel to give everyone a little taste of what the Sanctuary days were like with just a little bit of false setto.

Nevermore can do no wrong, IMO, but I would welcome a return to a more traditional foundation in their songwriting. Bigger, Faster, Harder is not always the right way to go for a band like Nev. Their rare ability to inject goth/pop hooks into the densest of grooves is really what sets them apart and makes them what they are - the most versatile band on the planet today...except for the Pussycat Dolls, of course.

Seriously, though, I miss Tim Calvert - no slight to Mr. Smyth - and his somewhat more restrained riffing that helped DNB acheive greatness. That said, Loomis is as good as it gets!

I predict that the next album will be better than EoR or TGE and comparable to DHiaDW!

Mike said:
I want to see Steve on the album again :(

More stuff involving the two of them sharing leads like in psalm of lydia.
I want to see Jeff showing off as much as possible.

I want to see Van keep doing what he does, turn Jim up a little and let him go nuts, and Warrel to give everyone a little taste of what the Sanctuary days were like with just a little bit of false setto.

QFT

I would like Jeff to stop playing arround with the 7th string, as it makes me nervous. So nervous that sometimes I think I listen to Sepultura or even worse Soulfly.

Other than that I would like some PoE pt II please. (yes, yes, I know:
"I am Jack's closed minded perception of unartistic expression." )

I actually wouldn't mind hearing a creepy, cool acoustic number that would showcase all of Warrel's vocal ability. Maybe one of those kick ass numbers that is acoustic until the last half and then pops in with some crushing, groovy riff and Warrel shrieking like a banshee.