What do you want on the next album?

Originally posted by Ormir
That one of the guitarists should start playing bass, because it's a waste having two guitarists who don't play solos. ;) That way you can have double-bass harmonys, and incredible bass leads. Asgeir could also pick up a bass, and you could handle the rhythm section entirely with double-bass guitars, while Tyr plays bass leads!

Why not force back vortex to borknagar, and then let them all (Tyr Vintersorg and Vortex) play bass and do vocals. Then Øystein and Jens can keep play guitarr and everybody will be happy.

heavier guitar/bass texture

bigger drum sound (a la Vintersorg's new cd)

less "keyboard sounds", more real piano

....but still the same great taste......:lol:

One of the main things I love about Empiricism is the way songs can stick in your head for days and days. Especially soul sphere. more Chorus's like the clean vocals part in the song would be amazing. I love the unique chord progressions throughout the cd, which is something that my band (www.cyanidebreed.net...shameless promotion) always tries. I think Empriricism was definitely headed in the right direction. My only issues with at were parts of the production. While everything is very very clear, and not muddy at all (the problem Q had) it is somewhat week sounding. For one thing vintersorg need to be louder in the mix. He is a very powerful vocalist but he should be louder. It would be great if the bass was higher up. The drum sound on the cd was very clear and precise, i think that the bass drums could have been a but louder, they seemed to get lost at times when a lot was going on at one time. Either way I am sure you guys will release a great cd, you never dissapoint me.

I have loved every progression that you guys have made as a band, I'm sure whatever you do will be excellent. I agree with the post about majestic beards though. :D

I enjoy most everything that anyone mentioned so far, so I think I'll just leave the decisions up to you. As for Tyr's strings, I only wish I could play a 6, but my hands are little.

It would be interesting to hear Vintersorg and ICS do a song together (maybe a "hero/villian" dual?), but since that probably won't happen, I've got a better idea: Include me in you lineup!:lol:

I am very excited for the new album. I can't wait to add another disc to my heavy rotation (but I certainly won't be taking any older ones out).

Originally posted by FailingAcension
Welcome! :wave:

Thank you, that's very cordial. I'd like to mention that it's really cool that Borknagar has a forum where you can actually communicate with members of a band of their caliber. I'd also like to applaud the community of frequent posters, who seem an excellent and diverse group from the posts I've read.

Originally posted by CB101
My only issues with at were parts of the production. While everything is very very clear, and not muddy at all (the problem Q had) it is somewhat weak sounding. For one thing vintersorg needs to be louder in the mix. He is a very powerful vocalist but he should be louder.

I'm not sure if this thread is still going, but I totally agree with CB101 here, and I thought that I should back his opinion. Vintersorg is an excellent vocalist, but it seemed that he was too "in the background." I would be VERY pleased if on the upcoming disc Vintersorg was louder. Good luck, Borknagar, I can't wait for that new CD!!