What do you want on the next album?

Hmmm.. I don't think pure soloes fit Borknagar's style. But I enjoy the combination of the rhythm guitar hammering out chords while the lead guitar plays those small "melodies" and leads at the same time. Kind of like Colossus. That song is better than life itself, by the way - more of those atmospheric songs, please. Revolt is also great.

I would like one of Lars's instrumentals; preferably in the same street as Inner Landscape (best instrumental ever?). Asgeir's drumming is always great, but some more "kickdrum-surprises" would be nice. I'm a sucker for kickdrums.

The mix between vocals was great on Empiricism, I love songs like Liberated where Vintersorg uses clean vocals in the verses. I also adore the chorus in Four Element Synchronicity, The Black Canvas and The Genuine Pulse. So I really hope that there will be plenty of clean, Godly choruses on the next album.

And oh, a slick booklet too, thanks ;)

Not that you care what I have to say, after all, this is like the 50th response but:

I looooooove Vintersorg's clean vocals in Borknagar. I listen to his own stuff for the grim vocals and Borknagar for the clean vox. He never ceases to impress me.

More existential lyrics, the stuff you guys come up with (especially Lars. . .damn. . .)

More of Lars singing :) The part he did on Gods of my World on Empiricisim was awesome.

. . .Someone said guitar solos, I wouldn't mind a few really well written and structed guitar solos, but I could do without them.

I'm sure whatever you guys come out with it will leave me thinking "Is it possible to write music that well?"

-Greg

Let me think...

I really love a speed partions and after this partion repeat a great slow down comes there and you hear tuff - tuff - tuff - percusion part you know heavy guitar keeps one rythm, one guitar is playing great solo (of course not too fast solo) and lot's of keybords in background...

What else? More M&M like tracks. Sounds of caves in bg, than great violin + acoustic guitar part. I would like to feel something like on Ulver - Bergtatt or Kveldsfanger - something just like that.

Great, folkish, clean vocals, chours, acapella (Vintersorg you're master). Sounds of wind that blows ('...)in the woods(') (BTW great Band). Lot's of wind...

I'll write here if I will find out anything more.

Regards
Xaplan

Aha! One idea... could you add (secialy for me) sounds of drakar that swims through lake.

Originally posted by Ormir
-A guest appearance from Mr. Vortex, possibly together with Vintersorg.
I was going to say that Empiricism was pretty much the perfect album, and it would be hard to improve on that. However, if the option to have Vortex guesting on a track or two was there, I'd find it hard to say no :)

Just as a general comment, I love Empiricism's mix of pace, and mix of clean/grim vocals. Please keep the same mix for the next album.

Originally posted by Tet
I was going to say that Empiricism was pretty much the perfect album, and it would be hard to improve on that. However, if the option to have Vortex guesting on a track or two was there, I'd find it hard to say no :)
IMO it would "mean more" (damn that sounds gay) if Vortex were to appear on only one song.:) Just thinkin'.......:)

Vortex is out from Borknagar and since it was his choice i don't think i would like to see him back again. No mistake, he has a great voice, I like that but I think Mr V. has as good vocal abilities too and I would be very pleased to hear him 'playing' with his voice again.

@Mocika-Its not like mr. V would be leaving. Its would just be a guest apperance, like at the one concert....Just somethin' interesting to suggest...

Originally posted by FailingAcension
@Mocika-Its not like mr. V would be leaving. Its would just be a guest apperance, like at the one concert....Just somethin' interesting to suggest...
hehe.. sure I understood... and as I said I like his voice.. but I don't feel it right. Yeah, I know.. it's my problem but since it's a message board I though I let everybody know about it ;)

I don't think there's much bad blood between the band and Vortex (asgeir can of comment whether this is true), and I think it would be a nice gesture both from Vortex, and the band if he were to feature. After all, Vortex did a live guest appearance for Borknagar a few months ago. It would be cool to hear the voice of their past and present together, if only as a fan service. ;)

It would also be nice for Garm to make an appearance, but I don't think he ever took the band too seriously, and he doesn't seem interested in the style of music Borknagar play at all. I never really felt he was a member of the band, while Vortex was definatly one. I could be wrong of course. :p

Originally posted by Ormir
I don't think there's much bad blood between the band and Vortex (asgeir can of comment whether this is true
Thats what I was thinkin'. Thats another reason it would be cool. We should stop talking about this so if it doesn't happen we all won't be dissapointed.;)