Insider Sale Question

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
I unfortunately was unable to attend last year, but I seem to recall at the insider sale, cash and cards were accepted. Is that true for this year as well?

Grazie!

LaserCD is not coming. However, I use him to process orders for the Insider Sale.

Vendors:

CD Inzane
Century Media/Nuclear Blast
Exploding Ned's
Heaven & Hell Records
Nightmare Records

More importantly. Who will be selling the special edition band shirts I missed last year? ie: Tarot.

Question: I rarely ever see shirts brought by vendors other than Exploding Ned's. Laser's used to bring a few and so does Nightmare. But the amount is still almost laughable. Does anyone else think it's time they realize the opportunity of making extra $ they might be missing on?

Question: I rarely ever see shirts brought by vendors other than Exploding Ned's. Laser's used to bring a few and so does Nightmare. But the amount is still almost laughable. Does anyone else think it's time they realize the opportunity of making extra $ they might be missing on?

IMO, fans sometimes don't realize (or care) about the costs and risk involved with ordering, printing, receiving, shipping, quality, appeal, etc. of t-shirts. We have so many shirts we've been "stuck" with just sitting in a guest bedroom closet. "Good" shirts (with neat colors and graphics) are costly!! And not to mention, you can only fit so much merch in a car or van. Shipping shirts is not cost effective either.. I think a lot of folks would be surprised how much we pay for shipping to receive the PPUSA shirts each year.

~Jen

IMO, fans sometimes don't realize (or care) about the costs and risk involved with ordering, printing, receiving, shipping, quality, appeal, etc. of t-shirts. We have so many shirts we've been "stuck" with just sitting in a guest bedroom closet. "Good" shirts (with neat colors and graphics) are costly!! And not to mention, you can only fit so much merch in a car or van. Shipping shirts is not cost effective either.. I think a lot of folks would be surprised how much we pay for shipping to receive the PPUSA shirts each year.

~Jen

I was just curious because I know the amount of shirts Ned usually brings and sells all weekend long. I know that quite a few places (mainly festivals abroad) have a ridiculous amount of shirts in their stands, but then again that's mainly what they focus on selling throughout the event. Has there ever been interest by a shirt distro/seller to have a table at ProgPower? Would it be worth it for them, you think?

As for the hassle in dealing with shirts and band merchandise in general... believe me, I know the pain. In fact, as I type this, I'm trying to figure out some logistics for the upcoming Borealis/Saxon tour. Gotta love dealing with customs... :lol:

Remember that Ned (Mike) attends numerous record shows as a vendor, and in fact he has run record shows in the past all across the Southeast (he still might, not sure about that).
For him, carrying t-shirts is do-able, but for others...yeah, they're a pain.

Glenn and Jen, ever considered putting those extra t-shirts up on eBay as non-bid items, like Buy It Now?

All though we have seen a consideraqble increase in shirt orders over the past six monts coming in from various countries they are still such a "pain in the ass" that we have finally removed them from the e-store.