interesting comment

Moonlapse said:
Dude, you really have to take it easy before you get the entire UM community onto you. It seems that in every thread related to musical genres/tastes I read here, you're firing up a shitstorm with someone.

Opeth may well be fans of Judas Priest and that's fine - I don't mind them. A majority of Opeth fans may well not like Priest, and that's fine too, as Opeth have developed their sound to a point where these old influences on them are almost indistinguishable. Metal has come a long way from the cock-rock and glam of the 70s and 80s, and I think Opeth are almost iconic of the new age of metal we're experiencing now; I think it's forgiveable in some instances to let Opeth fans ignore Opeth's roots.

Moonlapse, with all due respect...theres a handful of people in here even worth talking to, and that have valid/researched opinions on any of the given (and frankly shit 90% of the time) topics...

The rest bring on the fire themselves...i cant stand ignorance and stupidity, and the majority of this forum is swimming in it. I cant help but voice my own opinion and often time its a firm and passionate one in these cases you speak of.

Land of Grey and Pink said:
Moonlapse, with all due respect...theres a handful of people in here even worth talking to, and that have valid/researched opinions on any of the given (and frankly shit 90% of the time) topics...

So we haven't "researched" every single topic that comes up on the damn board. Oh, the horror! People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how unfounded / baseless they may be. If you disagree, either suck it up (deal with it on your own) or respond to them without getting all worked up over it.
If the forum is such shit, and 90% of the posts are worthless, why bother sticking around? It's not the whole world you know, there's more to life than this forum.

It's not the opinion, rather the manner in which it is posited. If you are able to clearly define and substantiate whatever you lay down around here, I'm sure alot of these problems wouldn't happen. This isn't directed to any one person in particular, btw.

I can't belive people are knocking priest and maiden.

Opeth are a good band, a very good band sometimes but hell...catch yourself on! Maiden and Priest are the fucking daddies! when it comes to bands like these, opinion or not, you are wrong if you don't like them, plain wrong.

Up the fucking Irons!

IAmEternal said:
So we haven't "researched" every single topic that comes up on the damn board. Oh, the horror! People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how unfounded / baseless they may be. If you disagree, either suck it up (deal with it on your own) or respond to them without getting all worked up over it.
If the forum is such shit, and 90% of the posts are worthless, why bother sticking around? It's not the whole world you know, there's more to life than this forum.

What makes you think i was reffering to you in the first place? Unless...you KNOW you are guilty of stupidity and ignorance?...hmmm....:Smug:

LordHypnos said:
What makes you think i was reffering to you in the first place? Unless...you KNOW you are guilty of stupidity and ignorance?...hmmm....:Smug:

I was speaking for the people of this forum in general. I think calling me guilty of stupidity is pushing the envelope a little, but it's up to you. As for ignorance... there are many things of which I am not ignorant, and many things of which I am. This is true of everyone. Even you.

KevyCanavan said:

Opeth are a good band, a very good band sometimes but hell...catch yourself on! Maiden and Priest are the fucking daddies! when it comes to bands like these, opinion or not, you are wrong if you don't like them, plain wrong.

Up the fucking Irons!

I hope this is sarcasm.

IAmEternal said:
I was speaking for the people of this forum in general. I think calling me guilty of stupidity is pushing the envelope a little, but it's up to you. As for ignorance... there are many things of which I am not ignorant, and many things of which I am. This is true of everyone. Even you.
i was teasin you, relax....*pats on back* were buds. :p

KevyCanavan said:

Up the fucking Irons!

Judas Priest is generic rock and roll. Opeth is a totally original, mind boggeling experience. Opeth is ever ever ever so much greater then Judas Priest is/was/will be.....

ethereallights said:
Judas Priest is generic rock and roll. Opeth is a totally original, mind boggeling experience. Opeth is ever ever ever so much greater then Judas Priest is/was/will be.....
This comment earns you a kick in the face. By a goat. A horny goat.

Gunhaver said:
i think it's a big joke...there's no way people actually like priest. just a big joke on society...you whacky priest "fans"! i'm in on your secret now
negative15.jpg