Interesting new guitar fredboard formula. Guitarists read this.

Daemon

Nov 17, 2002
Holland
Visit site
I noticed something intresting in a dutch newspaper, i will translate some parts of it, this is a really intresting part about a griek guy who has build a guitar for someone of the rolling stones it seems.

5 years ago he entered the hilton hotel in athene where the rolling stones stayed during a tour. He told them about a mathematic formule he came with for a new way to place frets on the guitar neck. It will make the tones sound better, smoofer. He calculated that by placing the frets somewhere else with between 0.1 and 0.01 milimeters difference of the normal position it will make the tones sound clearer.
This kind of necks will remain his secret for the moment since he can't get rights on it yet since that will cost him a couple of 100000 euro's to get that. The stones guitar player may not let this guitar be photographed, not copied, and keeps well locked away until the grieck get's his rights.

I will try to keep an eye on how the progress goes and will let it know when there's more news about this new fretformula.

Lol, My guitar sounds badass as it is.
and with distortion who the fuck is gonna notice 0.001 of a milimeters difference in fret sound.
Lol, i bet he doesn't change shit! hes just syaing he does for money.

Well, we'll see f it's crap or not. personly I don't think that the sound difference will be that big, if it's noticible at all that is. But who knows...

Not a whole lot...its someones bright idea to improve something that didn't need improving in my opinion :Smug: I think you would need an ear of a composer to hear the actually difference it makes :p