Guitarists Read This

Mike7771

Mar 27, 2004
Hi all,

I'm new to your page and just found out about UM. I'm a guitarist and music instructor and have been a fan on Testament since about 86 - 87. Really haven't heard much from them in the past five or ten years.

If any of you need help with music theory or playing guitar please let me know. Also check out my site there is a ton of info you may really like.

Glad to be a part of your board,
Mike

Mike7771 said:
Hi all,

I'm new to your page and just found out about UM. I'm a guitarist and music instructor and have been a fan on Testament since about 86 - 87. Really haven't heard much from them in the past five or ten years.

If any of you need help with music theory or playing guitar please let me know. Also check out my site there is a ton of info you may really like.

Mike

I'm playing again after a long hiatus. I'm sure to be bugging you soon.

Thanks for the offer...I will take you up on it.

Mike7771 said:
Hi all,

Mike
welcom :) they are still as strong and awsome as ever!!! i've played the guitar for a while, still, a sucker :p i'll ask for ur help someday :) thanx man!!

formaldehyde - Officer Friendly. - Sure just tell me what you need to learn and I'll answer what I can.

Mike7771 said:
...and have been a fan on Testament since about 86 - 87...
Puts you on as a Testament plankowner...:headbang:

You're right about not having heard from them in a while, at least new material, but they should be recording as we write.:D

Insania - Well it's nice to know they are putting it back together. They were really great. Will alex be with them, he is way I listned to them in the first place.

Valofvalhalla I'm livin in AZ right now but grew up in S.F. Calf and Rockland Co. NY.

A little catching up to do, eh?

Chuck Billy - original vox
Eric Peterson -- original guitarist
Steve Smythe -- guitar (he's also in Dragonlord, Sweet Leaf, Vicious Rumors and has recently toured as a Nevermore guitarist)
Steve DiGiorgio -- bass, and bassist or former with a shitload of other bands --Sadus, etc...
Paul Bostaph -- the newest drummer, but has toured with Testament before and played with both Slayer and FORBIDDEN!!

Testament now has quite a different sound than say their first few releases, mainly cause Billy's vocals changed, and Alex is no longer there (who's style I didn't care for) -- they are much heavier/brutal sounding than 15 years ago IMO, and they still shread it up...

Alex Skolnick plays in the Skolnick Trio, hailing from NYC?, sort of a jazz band who as of last year was touring and playing his take on old rock tunes. But he did come back in 2001 to re-record with Testament many of the old songs that you'd remember, on the First Strike Still Deadly CD. I think that came out in 2001. But for the most part, he's no longer playing metal.

TL or others will set me straight if I missed out/misstated some of the details.

Insania - It's kinda funny I really don't play too much heavy music anymore either. (still can if I want, but I don't do it that much) do a lot of jazz, modern fusion, and classical now a days. I still listen to heavier music though, I'll check out their new stuff when it comes out. It will be nice to see how the band evolved. Now I want to hear this Skolnick Trio too. It's too bad I'm not in the NY area anymore or I'd just go see them. Thanks for the info.