Not open for further replies.

bobvex

Teh Forum Fuhrer
Sep 16, 2002
Welcome to the Official

Message Board

Conduct/Etiquette
Kind sirs, how might I behave myself?
Be yourself. There are very few rules of conduct here, most of which are outlined in detail below. Follow them, show due respect to the band that provides you with the opportunity to post on this board, as well as their fans, and you’ll have no troubles here. Although, along with such glorious freedom, often comes insensitivity, political incorrectness, offensive language/behavior and a general disregard for all things persnickety. Be prepared to deal with such things. Keep in mind, unless you are being a fool, most jabbing and harshness is in jest, and not to be taken seriously. Flame wars will be deleted, unless it is very entertaining. Threads flaming the band or specific person just to get a rise out of them will be deleted. There will be no discussion about the bands personal lives, their relationships, and what not. Qualifying threads will be deleted. About quoting Children Of Bodom songs - if you quote bodom, and really mean it, you derserve all the flaming you get, and I will not delete it. I may lock it after some time, but quoting bodom songs is another reason a lot of people don't come to/stay in this forum. Your post will be deleted or edited to a embarassing comment about yourself. The bunny thing has gotten out of hand, and is completely stupid. Bunny stuff will be edited out of posts. "Come to my city" threads will be deleted, but some posts will be allowed, though not in the "Ask Janne" thread. Do not spam my board, it will be deleted on sight. Pre-release rips, download links, and other "piracy" advocacy will be deleted on site. No, I'm not anti piracy, just don't do it on this Message Board.

Attention Fanboys and Fangirls: Nobody here cares about how much you "Love ALEXI and COB." Most of the people who start new threads get harassed by the regulars for not searching in already posted topics. These people start 4, 5, and 6 threads about the same thing. Also, please don't get upset when people criticize your favorite band. It's immature, and is another reason people don't like/stay at this board. Different people have different opinions. People aren't going to like the same things as you. So stop getting your panties in a bunch about it. Posts like this

D.e.A.d.N.i.G.h.TW.a.R.r.I.o.R said:
hi my name is Evan and i will be at your show on december 11 at the medley i was hopping if you and the other guys could sign my guitar !!! i would be fucking honnored!!!! (by the way you guys rock )

Are fucking STUPID.

Scythes Of Bodom
Probably the #1 fansite on Children Of Bodom on the entire net. It is updated regularly, and always has interesting items. Be sure to check it out if you have any questions about the band, upcoming tour dates, member profiles, etc. There is also a Message Board, so feel free to post about anything you don't see here.

Alexi's Gear

Since we get about 3-5 threads wondeing about Alexi Laiho's guitar gear a month, I will stick a gear post to this one, along with pictures, and retail stores. Repeated threads regarding Alexi's gear will be redirected to my post.

Forum Favorites

Quick/beginner/stupid questions - Post here if you're not sure if your matter needs a thread of its own
The Person Above Me Thread - Get to know some of the regulars
All you need to know about Finnish language - Learn Finnish
Own Pictures - Post a pic of yourself
"Hello, I'm new" - Introduce yourself - Introduce yourself
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/children-bodom/233508-tab-thread.html - Tabs
Have fun, make some friends, but don't be a moron.

Reactions: Sock puppet
Alexi's Gear
Alexi and Roope both run a Rack mounted setup. That means there's no "head" like with most half stacks. Their own cabinets are Marshall JCM-800 4x12's with Celestion speakers, though they have been known to be "gear whores" and use the previous bands gear while on tour.

The Rack
Alexi's and Roope's racks are nearly identical. I will list the rack in the orer that it would be wired in.

ESP RV350-AL
Wireless transmitter (Most likely a Sennheiser, as they are the best right now)
Lee Jackson GP-1000 Tube preamp - www.leejackson.com
Sans Amp PSA-1 Solid State Preamp - http://www.sansamp.com/
Rocktron Intelifex Effects Unit - www.rocktron.com (this particular unit is now discontinued, but it's available on Ebay)
A) Lee Jackson SP-1000 Power amp* www.leejackson.com
B) Engl E840/50 Power amp* www.englampsusa.com/ (USA) http://www.engl-amps.com (Europe)
C) VHT 2/90/2 Power amp* www.vhtamp.com
Marshall JCM 800 4x12 cabinets www.marshallamps.com

*they use various power amps at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.