Who is better, Bodom or Kalmah? And, why?

Children Of Bodom or Kalmah

• Children Of Bodom

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Kalmah

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

HateCrewDeathroll

Child Of Symphony
Nov 12, 2002
If you check the Kalmah board, you will see a thread about Kalmah and Bodom being compared. A lot of the people say that Kalmah is better than Bodom, but I'd have to strongly disagree.

HateCrewDeathroll said:
If you check the Kalmah board, you will see a thread about Kalmah and Bodom being compared. A lot of the people say that Kalmah is better than Bodom, but I'd have to strongly disagree.
if you think about it, obviously more people on the Kalmah board would say Kalmah's better because, well, it IS their forum and they are the true fans, and obviously most people here would say CoB is better...?

I hate comparison topics, this is my answer:
BOTH BANDS ARE UNIQUE
BOTH BANDS HAVE DIFFERENT STYLE OF PLAYING
BOTH BANDS ROCK!!!
people will have different opinions so live with it.

I think Kalmah is better, and here is why I think they are better (as well as the thread that inspired this one).

Of course, I am comparing the bands, but it is more than just a comparisson. I have read countless reviews of Kalmah being Bodom rips ... they are not! So of course, I get upset seeing this, and therefore I made the post in the Kalmah forum.

Children of Bodom for Fucking Ever!

I love Kalmah to no end as well but fucking nothing beats Children of Bodom!

Comparing bands is gay... But...When in Rome :)

As many said before comparing these bands is fucking ignorant...but If we put it that which band I like better I have to say Bodom, tho I also like Kalmah alot.

the thread from Kalmah was not started off by "Who is better" but "Why is Kalmah always said to be ripped off" so please read the thread starter in the Kalmah forum more carefully.

Kalmah is not a rip-off... yes, I do like CoB better but both these bands are amazingly beautiful, and Kalmah is just as original and unique!
*sigh* I give up trying to get this point out.. never mind..

Morning Star said:
the thread from Kalmah was not started off by "Who is better" but "Why is Kalmah always said to be ripped off" so please read the thread starter in the Kalmah forum more carefully.

Kalmah is not a rip-off... yes, I do like CoB better but both these bands are amazingly beautiful, and Kalmah is just as original and unique!
*sigh* I give up trying to get this point out.. never mind..

Yes, it seems no one is reading what I was trying to say. It was a thread stating the fact that why do so many people consider Kalmah Bodom rip-off's, when in fact, they are far from it? No one is reading things right :erk:

And, as far as I am concerned, everyone has compared bands at some point or another in their life. I am not against comparisons, but I am sick of hearing that Kalmah, Norther, etc are Bodom rip-off's when they are not! This is a very frustrating topic.

Also, you have people stating comparing bands is ignorant ... ? C'mon, this is rediculous. So someone asks me "I like Stratovarius, who else do they sound like so I find some new bands." and I say "Ahh, well, you might enjoy Sonata Arctica, HammerFall, Nightwish among others..." I am being ignorant since I am comparing bands ... :rolleyes:

Kalmah, is very nice, but I have only a few of their songs (need more), but I have every CoB song and I like them all.:)
I voted for Bodom.

I voted for CoB.

Earlier I had some weird urge to buy Kalmah albums, since everyone were saying they're good, but when I finally found the first two albums at a quite cheap price, I decided to listen them some before buying. Well, somehow the music just couldn't abuse my ears as much as I would've liked, so I decided to leave the cd's in the store. I haven't heard the newest album, so I guess I should give it a listen, too.