Bodom clones?

jazie

Bitchkilling motherfucker
What do you think of Kalmah and Norther? In my opinion they're clones, but it is good to have 'em because Bodom have done very little music (aw come on 4 albums x 30 min = 2h!) and Kalmah and Norther sound almost the same way.

Sorry if a thread like this exists but I am new here and too lazy to check the older threads

jazie said:
What do you think of Kalmah and Norther? In my opinion they're clones, but it is good to have 'em because Bodom have done very little music (aw come on 4 albums x 30 min = 2h!) and Kalmah and Norther sound almost the same way.

Sorry if a thread like this exists but I am new here and too lazy to check the older threads
If you think KalmaH sounds like CoB I really recommend you to go see a doctor. What next? Beethoven is a Mozart clone?
lol.gif

you're a bloody moron jazie, kalmah is not a copy of CoB, I got extremely fucking angry when i saw their cd with a sticker on it in a local music shop "sounds like CoB"

They sound nothing like CoB,
It's like saying britney spears and dream theater sound the same because in some aspect guitars are used, what a joke.

CoB are gods because they are part of the "melodic metal" scene? give me a break man, Grow up a little and you will see no band deserves credit for creating a genre (CoB DID NOT CREATE A GENRE!!!) bands have their own sound! CoB and Kalmah are different.

Have you ever heard of Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, kalmah are part of this/were part.....etc etc, members left, bands broke up. If you have heard Etos, you would realise that a band such as Kalmah don't need to rip off another band, they can actually come up with their own music, they don't need other peoples force fed dribble. So have you ever heard of the band?, yes they are basically the kalmah members, can i stop writing now?

Don't make such statements until you know the facts.

CoB aren't gods man!, There are plenty of other bands who are trying just as hard and are getting labelled as rip offs, fucking leave them to make their own music

Edit: Oh, to all the people saying Bodom are so "unique", yes they have their own sound, no doubt about it, but they are not so unique in the sense that they "borrow" so many riffs from other artists. THEY ARE TALENTED, BUT ARE NOT GODS OF MUSIC!, fucking hell, wake up, there are so many struggling artists that will not make it because the "population" won't support them. CoB have immense talent, but realise they are not so original as alot of you make them out to be....

hmmm now we wait for the "fuck you, CoB fucking rock, fuck you!" "man HCDR rullllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucK" comments......enlighten us...

Well I don't say that Kalmah have ripped off Bodom... I just say that to me they sound the same way. And I like this kind of music. Soo I like both bands. But for me it doesn't matter what the facts are, because as far as I know Bodom were found before Kalmah, so if Kalmah sounds the same way as CoB for ME that means that they are a clone (again I say that this is MY opinion and I am not going to change it).

Btw thanks for welcoming me >:)

I like both bands bu I agree in that that Kalmah does not sound like CoB. It goes for Norther tho, but who cares until they make some fucking kickass music?
And since they are both influenced by CoB of course they have some similarities, but they are surely not copies.

_Zsuzsa_ said:
I like both bands bu I agree in that that Kalmah does not sound like CoB. It goes for Norther tho, but who cares until they make some fucking kickass music?
And since they are both influenced by CoB of course they have some similarities, but they are surely not copies.

GET YOUR FACTS CLEAR!!!!!
kalmah is not influenced by CoB!!!!!!!, read interviews, they clearly state that they have only heard a few songs by CoB.......ETOS HAVE RECORDED ALBUMS THAT SOUND NOTHING LIKE COB......IF ANYTHING, KALMAH SOUND LIKE ETOS, WHICH IS BASICALLY THE SAME LINE UP!!!!!!!!!

fucking hell, read and learn!!!!!!!!!

@whatsinaname: I DID read articles about Kalmah and it was not the same as you wrote. I can be convinced tho, but they are compared to CoB even on their own forum on UM. Oh well, believe in only what you see and hear :D

@Chokehold: why can't you write at least ONE, not more, ONE useful comment about ANYTHING? sorry, but I just read post from you as ":D" "hehe" etc. Okay, it is funny to joke around but after a time it gets annoying. (subjective opinion ende)

Zsuzsa, okay swap things around for a bit....
Pretend you have only just head CoB, and have loved Kalmah for along time...would you be pissed off, (being a bodom fan at the moment) bodom being compared to kalmah as rip offs all the time? or CD's being labelled "sounds like kalmah"???

Kalmah have definitely said that they haven't heard much of CoB (find this on their board).

Have you heard Etos????? that i feel is their influence...and is alot of their influence since that was a major band a lot of the member played in before kalmah

Heya, you get me wrong there :) I didn't say they are stealing or anything! I like Kalmah as much as I like CoB, and it is my bad habit to compare the bands by sound. Like Moonsorrow and Thyrfing.
If they are not influenced than they just cathed a darkes CoB sound, which is awesome imho, so no offense meant.
Or should we say, they play dark extreme metal, good now? :D

You people sometimes are kind of blinded ... when a genre of music becomes popular there's gonna be always a lot of wannabe's ... of course noone will exactly copy like a xerox machine but there's undeniable resemblance ... Norther is a good example of this ... the exact same song structure, the same vocals, the same keys/guitar solo trade ... how can people say it sounds nothing like cob ... usualy people who say that only listen to cob type of bands or melodic death metal so they have very narrow minded thoughts about it.

The first Throne Of Chaos is probably the best example of cob copying