Interface choice help needed quite urgent

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Well I tried to order Mackie Onyx 400f's to where I was met by the fact that the factory in china has gone bust so the shops can't sell me any.

So a last minute rush has ensued where im trying to find something that matches that quality for similar price and im pretty stumped.

The salesmen say the Focusrite Saffire 40 is my best bet, but ive sold my Saffire Pro and they seem quite similar.

Anybody got one of the Saffire 40's? Ive not looked into them too much to just blow my money straight away into something I know little about.
They said they could help work something out price wise so any suggestions are welcome.

£500 area

Cheers

Well I've heard a few good things about it, but it's definitely an unknown factor (and a bit pricier, isn't it?)

Yeah it is a bit pricey, depends what deal they can do on it really. They have closed now so ill have to get back in touch next week. Ouch another week with no interface :(

Ive heard that MR816 X has really good pres and AD/DA.

Yeah it is a bit pricey, depends what deal they can do on it really. They have closed now so ill have to get back in touch next week. Ouch another week with no interface :(

Ive heard that MR816 X has really good pres and AD/DA.

Do you work with cubase/nuendo?

What are you talking about?? are you saying i can't simple go here and buy the 400F http://www.zzounds.com/item--MACONYX400F

it says it's in stock.....I'm literally getting ready to purchase a 400F in a few days.....so i hope this isn't true.......the 400F comes from china, that's gay.

I assume you will be ok ordering from the US but ive been told 4-6 months to get one over to me, so fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Just order it, if you get a phone call 5 minutes later, you know its gone tits up but I dare say you should be fine.

Oh and both places I ordered it from said it was in stock ;)

wow that's crazy....i guess i didn't realize you were out of the US...I forget sometimes that there's ppl all over the world here...lol

Cool i will check into, I'm going to call straight to the office and order to make sure everything is cool

Maybe you could hook up with some one from the states and then they could get you the 400F

Haha, yeah man, there was a poll thread a little while ago that showed there were more European Sneapsters than North American!

WOW the dude was right

i got ahold of Zzounds and they said they only have a handful of 400F's left and that Mackie's not going to be manufacturing these anymore. WTF

Yeh this sucks i was going to order Monday...the Rep at Zzounds said to go ahead and buy that it will still be supported by the compnay and everything , it just means there not going to get more sent to them to sell.......which is cool i understand that...

just the whole idea of buying a product that the company just dropped...i dunno , it fucks with me......please what do you think i should do? go ahead and go with the 400f or continue searching?
Metaltastic help what would u do bro?
how much quality would i be using going with a Focusrite Saffire 40?

WOW the dude was right

i got ahold of Zzounds and they said they only have a handful of 400F's left and that Mackie's not going to be manufacturing these anymore. WTF

Yeh this sucks i was going to order Monday...the Rep at Zzounds said to go ahead and buy that it will still be supported by the compnay and everything , it just means there not going to get more sent to them to sell.......which is cool i understand that...

just the whole idea of buying a product that the company just dropped...i dunno , it fucks with me......please what do you think i should do? go ahead and go with the 400f or continue searching?
Metaltastic help what would u do bro?
how much quality would i be using going with a Focusrite Saffire 40?

Call me James :)

Yeah I dont feel great buying a product which could have reprecussions if the thing goes wrong...dispite what people may say. Im not 100% sure about the Saffire Pro 40, but I was reccommended that by the sales people.

Id continue searching, but that Steinberg seems like it will make it into my setup if the price is right.

Shit happens when you want something ey? :(

cool no problem james

yeh i dunno about the Saffire pro 40 either....that would be my other option in that range but i dunno i'm just not digging it but i should be fair and give it a listen........but my next option is go for broke and get the RME 400......I don't know i got lots to think about......but this does fucking suck, i mean i was ready to purchase!!

November 6

' LOUD Technologies Inc. issued a press release announcing that its Board of Directors has received a proposal from Sun Mackie, LLC, which is the company’s majority shareholder, to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the company not held by Sun Mackie for a price of $1.45 in cash per share. '

December 17

' Loud Technologies Inc. said its key Chinese supplier, which makes about a third of the company’s audio and musical products, has stopped making its products.

Officials at the Woodinville music company (NASDAQ: LTEC) said the Chinese supplier, which is experiencing financial difficulties, has been making Loud products for eight years, and products it made represented 35 percent of Loud’s net sales in 2007 and 32 percent for the first six months of 2008.

Without those sales, Loud said it expects a “significant decline” in net sales in 2009, especially in the first and second quarters. Loud said it will try and obtain custom tooling used by the Chinese supplier to try and transfer the tooling to another manufacturer within the next four months. If it can’t obtain the tooling, it will take up to another four months to obtain new tooling and being manufacturing again. '

December 26

' Loud still maintains a contract with the manufacturer in question, but the statement makes mention of Loud's potentially seeking a contract with a different manufacturer, as well as a four- to eight-month foreseeable delay in the resumption of production.

Loud anticipates a rough 2009, stating that these manufacturing challenges will most likely mean "[Loud Tech] may be unable to comply with the terms and conditions of its senior credit facility... may not have sufficient cash... to meet its cash requirements... may encounter difficulties in managing new contract manufacturer relationships" and -- most sobering -- that "potential customers may decide to purchase competing products rather than wait until [Loud Tech]’s products are available again, which may lead to permanent loss of market share."

Is there an upside to this? Scarcity in the aftermarket might be good news for resellers, but things are looking pretty dim for Loud in 2009. '

January 12

' LOUD Technologies Inc. (NasdaqCM: LTEC) today announced 2 new contract manufacturing (“CM”) partners and the reallocation of production for certain EAW and Mackie products across its worldwide supply chain to replace capacity lost when the prior CM for those products discontinued operations in December, 2008.

Meanwhile, supplies of all other EAW and Mackie products, as well as Alvarez, Ampeg, Crate and Martin branded products continue uninterrupted, as they are manufactured at other LOUD CM partners.

“We were already moving to secure alternate EAW and Mackie production sources in response to growing backlogs with this prior supplier, and these efforts remain LOUD’s top priority. We just signed manufacturing agreements with 2 new contract manufacturers and added additional capacity at a LOUD-owned U.S. facility,” commented Jim Stewart, LOUD chief operating officer. “We already have new lines up and running for EAW KF and SB loudspeakers, as well as Mackie MR and HRmk2 studio monitors, and plan to bring up additional lines for other products every few weeks until supplies are stabilized.” '

January 15

' LOUD Technologies Inc. (NASDAQCM:LTEC) today announced that it has submitted written notice to the NASDAQ Stock Market LLC of its intention to voluntarily delist its common stock from NASDAQ. '

One of the articles, I forget which, mentions that Loud/Mackie was aware of a halt in production as early as August, but thought it was only temporary. The December announcement was just that it turned out to have been a permanent halt, so they've been without new product from that factory for well over a full quarter.